Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hua Hin boy bars

Liked

Hua Hin boy bars

I'm visiting Hua Hin soon and would like to know where the bars are , looking for a place to relax and have a few drinks, maybe something more. Thanks.

Liked

Re: Hua Hin boy bars

Hi Loke,
    Hua Hin has had it's up and down years vis-a-vis the host bars here. There is no GoGo in Hua Hin, gay or straight. Host bars only.
    Sorry to say this, but this year (and last) could only be described as 'down'.
    I have lived in Hua Hin for 8 years now and the number of bars has fluctuated over time: a few years ago there were 5 on the go, but lately 2 or 3 has been more the norm.

Right now there are only 2 host bars here and frankly, (and I hate to say this) only one is worth visiting:
    'New Guy Bar' has done a nice job in general of keeping up appearances and is a comfy and inviting place to enter. Right now the number of boys the owner ('Tam') has on the payroll is quite low ... but the number usually goes up as the high season starts around the middle of October. Everyone is friendly there and will throw down their smart phones when a customer enters. Usually B-)

'Red Indian' bar is the other one and has been a fixture in Hua Hin for at least 15 years (perhaps more). A hole in the wall really, very small, and whenever I pass by it's pretty solitary. The funky entertainment zone in which it is located is a very late night group of bars, Karaoke joints, and small discos so there is a possibility that Red Indian could get busy after 12 or 1 o'clock, but I've never felt the urge to test it out.
    Rumour has it that Red Indian is owned by a cabal of policemen and is actually a front for laundering their under the table 'businesses'. More than one Thai guy has told me this, and, as TiT, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

This probably sounds bleak to you, but . . . if you are after 'relaxing' then Hua Hin is the place! The beach here is huge, covered in white sand (as opposed to that gritty orange stuff they call sand in Jomtien), and the ocean water is clean. The Thai food here is abundant and excellent quality ... especially sea food.

THere is a website here for 'Gay Hua Hin'. It was started by some friends of ours and is kept pretty much up to date. http://www.huahingayguide.com

If you decide to venture on down to HH you are quite welcome to give me a call or email or the board's PM feature and my old man and myself would be pleased to show you the ropes.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

3. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (November 18th, 2017)

Liked

At the end of August I went to two gay bars in Huahin, located about 300m apart at Naresdamri road. Red Indian bar was more easily located using Google with the address in the web, but New Free Guy was not quite accurate from the address. the main landmark is the Centara grand hotel which is on Naresdamri road.

Drinks are very cheap -: 50-70 for juices & soda water, 130 baht for whisky on the rocks .
    I was the only customer during the 2 hours on the first night(11pm onwards), met the owner, had the attention of the manager, and offed the only twink, a pleasant Thai-speaking Isan with Chinese features from skin color to single-eyelids. And he stayed in my room till the reception called to ask if I wanted room cleaned as it was past noon. off fee was 300 baht, and an amount of 1000 baht was mentioned. I wished he was not too affectionate so that he would leave earlier. anyway it was a good evening.

The New Free Guy bar was bigger & busier, with boys available to give massage & fun in-house for 1000 baht. The only annoyance from the friendly owner was his insistence that grand Centara hotel was the Sofitel, whereas the Sofitel was definitely located elsewhere. If you call him on the phone, he would use the Sofitel as reference point. Drinks cost cheap, boys friendly , with a pool table, but the multitude fans in the open bar ruined my hairdo.

I rented a motorcycle and did a full day tour of khao Takiap, with a good view of surroundings, and spent the rest of the day at Suan Son beach popular with the locals. However, the water was infested with little creatures that stung my skin. So I decided to cut short my stay in Huahin and left for Pattaya the next morning.

Liked

Two small corrections: The name of the bar you went to is "New Guy Bar" not "New Free Bar".
    And the Centara Hotel is indeed the old Sofitel Hotel. Folks here still sometimes refer to it as the Sofitel as it went by that name for many years. Centara Group bought the Sofitel about 4 or 5 years ago.

Liked

Thank you for the replies from both of you , and I just had a look at the huahingayguide.com that only mention 3 bars and one cafe.
    Buddy boy bar & massage is another one .
    Anyway I'm just there for the weekend, will let you know if I'm bored .

Liked

The Buddy Bar on Soi 80 is strange. We live on Soi 80 (the 'good' side, not the 'bar' side) and I walk past the area where Buddy Bar is supposed to be. But I've never noticed it.
    I'll take a harder look sometime today.

Liked

Went to visit New guy Bar tonight (pretty well the best gay bar in Hua Hin) and stuck around from about 9:30 to 1:00am. Quite a few customers as well as quite a lot of 'offables'. Lots of quite good looking Thai guys ... more in fact that I have seen there since coming back to Thailand in July.
    Tam (the owner) is still gently whining about how slow things are but I told him that if he thinks things are slow (this evening!) then he should be be delirious in terms of the up-coming high season.
    Some delicious-looking Thai guys hanging around New Guy Bar these days.

Liked

We must have barely missed (I was in New Guy Bar Tuesday 13.10.2015 20:13-21:32), what a missed chance to deepen German-Canadian friendship and increase mutual cultural understanding!

Buddy Boy is around the corner towards railway station from Soi 80.

I went to all 3 bars last week: http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2015/1 ... -2015.html
    New Guy and Buddy Boy recommended (sufficient number of boys, some of them cute), Red Indian low on boys.

Liked

Finally caught up with the boys of Buddy Bar. The location was a bit obtuse on the website and I wasted some time on Soi 80. But just around the corner it was and I spent an hour the other night talking with the owner's sister and a quite good looking Thai guy.
    Actually it has potential. At least 6 guys hanging out there, and the majority of them were very cute. A bit young for my taste, but ...
    The place needs a pool table (they certainly have the room), a decent sound system with video would help, but over all it was clean and tidy. Bathroom was pretty spotless. They have a massage room upstairs in the back.
    If Buddy Bar gets its shit together it might well be decent competition for New Guy Bar. Hua Hin certainly should be able to successfuly handle two good Gay host bars (I don't include Red Indian as it really seems to be a bit of an outcast, and has for some years now ... too bad in a way because it was the home some years ago to the greatest Thai bubble butt I've ever had the pleasure to observe).

Liked

I visited HH for the weekend but we stayed mostly in Cha-Am , I was enjoying the clean beaches there.
    I knew the location of New Guy bar so popped in for a beer but it was empty of customers. Plenty of other bars and restaurants in the city centre that seemed to be busy .

But if you're looking for gay entertainment you'll miss Pattaya after a few days lol. But I will return just for the food and beaches.