Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hua Hin boy bars

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Hua Hin boy bars

Any update on this?

I was thinking of taking a trip on the ferry over to Hua Hin during my trip next January.

But I see on the TravelGayAsia site that a reviewer is claiming that the Red Indian Bar is closed.

I am wondering will there much nightlife at all there if I visit?

I am not looking for loads of bars or a big selection, I know that's not what you go to Hua Hin for, to but I want to to be certain there will be at least two or three bars and a few guys available.

Any recent reports?

Liked

Ronan, Red Indian Bar is still open. We were at a karaoke bar (twice this month! I've gone-Thai) with some friends right across from Red Indian. On the first occasion no customers that I could see, but on the second one customer who was speaking at length with the owner. I saw no boys there at all, but that can change quickly.
    There's been many rumours regarding the death of Red Indian over the years. All wrong.
    Apparently Red Indian is owned by the Police and use it as a money laundering place for their drug lucre. I wouldn't doubt it for a minute: TiT.

New Guy Bar is still a going concern. Was there this week and it had quite a lot of boys hanging out, but sometimes it is not very busy. The high season seems to have started here and that will probably mean more guys on the prowl. New Guy Bar can be busy after 10pm ... usually before that not much happening. I go there mostly to play pool with a few of the bar boy sharks. Some are very hard to beat!

That's all there is right now in Hua Hin. I'm fine for it to be so, but I understand how gay tourists can be disappointed.
    Last edited by Smiles; November 18th, 2017 at 16:45.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 20th, 2017), Moses (November 18th, 2017), RonanTheBarbarian (November 19th, 2017)

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked

Thank you, Smiles.

You suggest some gay tourists might be disappointed. I would actually be perfectly happy with that type of scene for my Hua Hin sojourn, as I am going to be in Pattaya for the first few days of my holiday and finish off in Bangkok, so a kind of break from the nightlife is fine for me.

All the same, I wouldnt want to say in a town with no bars at all as I like to have the option of going at least one bar in the evening, if I am in the mood.

Two or three bars will do me quite fine in Hau Hin, i think.

Liked

Smiles, did that ferry from Pattaya to Hua Hin ever get off the ground, (so to speak()? Otherwise it's a full day of travelling via Bangkok? Apart from you and Pot, who I would love to meet up with, the place holds little attraction.

I'd love it if you could make it to Pattaya for my birthday, but I think you said Pot is fully booked around that time (9 January)
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

The Pattaya/Hua Hin ferry is still a going concern. Actually I'm rather surprised as the last 3 ferry attempts lasted only a few months before giving up ghost.
    This newest ferry seems to be getting it right ... over a year now and still afloat.

Too bad Joe, not trying to pull a cndmatt, but we will be on the road from Jan. 7 -- Jan. 16. This time it's not one of Pot's bookings, but good friends of ours from Canada who we'll be taking to Chiang Mai, Surin, a stop in Khon Kaen to visit Cdnmatt, and then back to Hua Hin. So basically busy for almost 3 weeks in January.

Next time!!
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Smiles, I;m sitting here broken hearted.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.