Finally caught up with the boys of Buddy Bar. The location was a bit obtuse on the website and I wasted some time on Soi 80. But just around the corner it was and I spent an hour the other night talking with the owner's sister and a quite good looking Thai guy.
Actually it has potential. At least 6 guys hanging out there, and the majority of them were very cute. A bit young for my taste, but ...
The place needs a pool table (they certainly have the room), a decent sound system with video would help, but over all it was clean and tidy. Bathroom was pretty spotless. They have a massage room upstairs in the back.
If Buddy Bar gets its shit together it might well be decent competition for New Guy Bar. Hua Hin certainly should be able to successfuly handle two good Gay host bars (I don't include Red Indian as it really seems to be a bit of an outcast, and has for some years now ... too bad in a way because it was the home some years ago to the greatest Thai bubble butt I've ever had the pleasure to observe).