Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Dancing Boys"?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"Dancing Boys"?

Military Overlooked Sexual Abuse by Afghan Allies, Investigation Says | Afghanistan / Pakistan | FRONTLINE | PBS
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... tion-says/

On one hand..... it's horrible if the US military is "overlooking" human abuse. But what is the appropriate thing for a nation to do when they see such abuse happening, and it's an ingrained supported promoted practice that's ancient in its cultural heritage and cultural identity.... such as bacha bazi ( a term that literally translates to mean тАЬboy play.тАЭ )....? ( It's actually child sex slavery. It's definitely *not* the same as Thailand's boy gogo bars. )

The full documentary....

The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan
    https://vimeo.com/11352212
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

Re: "Dancing Boys"?

When your choice is to ally with Stalin or Hitler.....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

dunno...what is the US supposed to do?? Clean up the whole world?? This sort of shit happens in more than one country..isnt Pakistan and India infamous for having truck drivers that employ teens/young boys whose duties are not what I would call usual?? The whole country knows whats going on but its ignored. Or the fact that every second of every minute some female is raped (even gang raped) in those parts pf the world by a higher caste neighbour...just because he can..and the husband/father is powerless to intervene?? Or that nepal's (i think its nepal) biggest export to India is young female whores?? Or that in most wealthy oil rick arab countries the foreign domestic help has duties beyond cooking and cleaning??
    At this rate 2/3 of the world would be off bounds...

Liked

it's true that all kinds of crazy human rights violations are happening everywhere (including in the USA). But to have these warlord guys raping their slave boys on U.S. military bases where the guys in the barracks can here the boys screaming seems like the place where you would put your foot down.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

fedsorrc....I'm not condoning the practise...but in the article it does not mention that this happens in US military bases within hearing range of US soldiers....If it does...or did then I would fully understand the US soldiers outrage and actions.
    But...again...as I wrote, I don't expect the US ro be the world's policeman.......the US has problems of its own and shoukd focus on these before trying to help the universe....and NO I'm not american....but YES I do think that generally speaking their heart is in the right place.

Liked

There were several articles in the news the other day that I read which outlined the abuses and all of the US service members who raised the issue with their superiors and were told to keep quiet about it.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/che ... otherwise/

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    Or that nepal's (i think its nepal) biggest export to India is young female whores?? Or that in most wealthy oil rick arab countries the foreign domestic help has duties beyond cooking and cleaning??
    You shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers, Latin. Someone was telling me that just the other day. Who was it now? Oh yes, now I remember - it was YOU.

Prostitutes are not exploited, according to you - they enter into their transactions willingly. This is an example of "information asymmetry" - the prostitute knows why they have become a prostitute, you do not. All you know is that you're a First World guy who wants to believe that every Third World prostitute you meet enters into the transaction willingly. Yet by the evidence of your own post you don't believe that at all ... when it's convenient.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

kommie....maybe i should have been clearer...the nepalese females are promised hotel/bar/house keeping jobs to lure them into prostitution where force/violence/rape is used. NOT acceptable.
    Again I don't think that a female employed as a domestic helper expects rape to be in her job specification.
    I think there is a world of difference between the above scenarios and fit young guys willingly climbing onto buses to seek their fortune in the big cities of Pattaya and BKK.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sex slavery..... and the willing voluntary career choice of seeking to become a sex worker.... are not the same thing. ...and, in fact, are as different as scrambled eggs and bicycles.
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    Sex slavery..... and the willing voluntary career choice of seeking to become a sex worker.... are not the same thing. ...and, in fact, are as different as scrambled eggs and bicycles.
    Scrambled eggs and poached eggs surely?