List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: News of Pattaya's death has been greatly exaggerated!

Liked

Re: News of Pattaya's death has been greatly exaggerated!

Amazing ! Don't talk to me about charities or orphanages . I have given to both and I am quite sure much more then you ever have.. The people who talk about charities in regards to helping rather then worrying about boys getting a fair amount are usually the ones who never give and do not treat the boys fairly.

You overpay for your own benefit ? Ridiculous . Is that how you treat your BF? I'm always amazed that the people who say they overpay are so strong in their opinions that Business is Business when discussing what boys should be paid .

The reason so many questions on these Forums are about accepted minimums to be paid to the boys is because many people want to know what the Norm is. Not how little you can pay but what is fair. They do not come here expecting to offer the boys as little as they can. But unfortunately some do , and if you think a boy accepts 300 because business is business then you have your head up your ass and don't really understand Thai people.

Liked

Firecats description of the Sunnee of old is absolutely spot on. There were also gangs of pre-pubescent boys marauding about the place with an air of menace about them causing trouble for bar owners and customers alike. Although their 'leader' Red Ant was always very polite to me and I would buy him some food once or twice per trip. He would ask for 20 baht plus 10 baht because he didn't know how to say 30. We would walk to the food stall of his choice and I would give the money to the stall holder directly.

Before Gary opened up The Corner Bar (the best beer bar Pattaya ever had) it was a truly horrible seedy place. Not seedy like say Eros or Goodboys are seedy but genuinely unpleasant. In comparison it's now quite the beauty spot with the exception of Double Shot.

Liked

In fairness the quote is not clear and it is NewAlaan 2 who described Sunee the way it was and not me. Certainly there were many changes over the last 15 years . It was not all bad back then, just certain elements.

Liked

I don't think Pattaya is dead or dying just changing, same as everything in the world.

Sure for the last time I was in Pattaya, Sunee, BoysTown (more Sunee) as a dirty old single man, it was more fun.
    Did Pattaya change or did we both changed. My guess both changed.
    Even the 20 years as a holiday farang (1986-2006 or so) I have seen many changes.
    Now in 2015 I live here and single again, yes Pattaya change, less filled bars (boys and farangs).

The 3 I had in the past 2 months from Sunee, where OK for me, but then I don't demand that much anymore. I am just too old.
    But I had great times from between 9-10PM to 3-4PM, that is 16 hours together, that I did not feel lonely.
    Maybe one of these days I will call one or just go Sunee again.
    [B][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=3]Life has no remote.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Get up and change it yourself.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    I also find it interesting that one of the favorite bars mentioned as being missed is Gentleman's Club. Everyone including the police knew that Bar had underage boys all the time. Not to say they were all underage because they were not . I frequented that Bar and took some boys off from there but turned down more because they did not have ID's.Of course the response was always , no problem take boy upstairs ( but of course it was a problem) and long before that street started to die , that Bar was forced to close.
    So why exactly do you ALSO find it interesting that one of the bars which was a favourite along with numerous others from that time is Gentlemen's? That was on a different thread to this so why bring it up here? But your bringing up that gentlemen's had underage is hardly a revelation, so why mention it? And It's hardly a revelation because Gentlemen club along with virtually every bar in the pattayaland area at that same time including the biggest prime agogo bars Boyztown had underage! So what's your point?

I know why it was MY favourite and that was mainly to do with the Petchabun contingent of lads I previously mentioned, who were there from 2000 onwards when I first visited, as well as Tum the mamasan and anyone who knows any history about Gentlemen's would realise he cared neither for the owner or his preferences. That's why there were man-boys working there when Tum could get them onboard, as he liked to have a mix and his personal preference was manly types. Anyway as you admit you were a customer there so you should know. Obviously you tried to off boys who were unable to provide a legal ID. I never needed to check IDs with the few boys I offed from there as I reliably knew who was of age.

But if you think the worst kind of faring are still not there you are dreaming. Their desires are fulfilled in different locations but they still hang out in Sunee
    Where did i say I thought the worst kind of farang have completely disappeared? It's you who are dreaming if you think the current 'sad' sunee is anything like it was 10-15 years ago. You are also dreaming if you compare the amount of those 'worst kinds' who still 'hang out' over the last 5 years to that of 10-15 years ago. The scene now is absolutely nothing like, not even remotely close to anything like back then. I don't know how you manage to recognise all these farangs known for fulfilling their desires hanging out in sunee, anything that happens nowadays happens behind shutters at the back of certain bars. Back then it was out in the open, encouraged even, you couldn't miss it. Ridiculous to compare now in sunee to then.

What I said was (in general terms) sunee has come a long way to get rid of its reputation, it may be quiet at times but is at least 95% improved from a decade or so ago and certainly not a sad place to visit as far as I and many other members here are concerned, and that was my point.

The farangs that insult and demean boys by offering them 300 baht for sex are still in great supply . They know when things are bad for the boys and when they can offer such disgusting amounts because the boys need to pay their rent and eat
    Look I agree it's disgusting that farangs try to get boys cheaply, especially visitors who clearly have spare money to part with. But what has that got to do with sunee? and don't forget there are other ways of insulting and demeaning boys, like taking pictures of and posting them on gay internet forums, do you really think young lads like posing with their underwear around their ankles while some 'customer' takes a naked photo to post on forums? They do so because they have to pay their rent and need the money and feel obliged to bow to the whims of the customer who is paying, even though they don't like it. That is also taking advantage of a boys poor situation don't you think. Not much difference between cheapskates and those who demean in other ways far as I'm concerned.. In fact I would like to think a boy would prefer a cheapskates Bt800 than a customer who pays Bt200 more at Bt1000 but insults demeans them in other ways. Both unacceptable however.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    Notice that my *bf* said that. Not me. I said.... I think maybe I should give Sunee yet another try.... alone. ( I can only guess that he felt uncomfortable because it was dark and a little bit of a ghost town. He's attracted to busy active places and 5 star places. )I get that it's a quiet area for having a chat and a drink. I guess, if I go alone, who am I going to to have a chat and a drink with? I almost never sit and drink.... especially not alone. But I'll give it another try....
    Notice that I didn't say *you* did say it! but since it was you who made the post and not your bf I can hardly address your bf now can I? I was only teasing BNYC because it is such an unassuming place why anyone thai or farang would want to 'get out as soon as possible' is a tad over the top. I would advise against your 'trying again' with sunee as you are clearly not cut out for its style of ambience, and if you visit again while still finding it not to your liking you will probably post negatively and the place can do without unnecessary negative press, low season is bad enough without discouraging remarks on gay Thailand forums. But at least you were willing, in word anyway, to give another try.

Of course one reason your bf may have wanted out of there a.s.a.p. was apart from when he realised it wasn't a glitzy,HiSo, Boyztown-style, 5 star place with all the exciting diversions he is so used to up there in shan-land and maybe not suited to the idea he has of himself, was the fact he realised he might actually have to sit with you on a one-to-one and make conversation, possibly even having to listen to you talking about yourself for an hour or two and was possibly just too much for him to contemplate.........no wonder he got out of there as fast as possible......only teasing again! I'm sure he just must be really 'into you'.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

We sit and talk at great length all the time. And we both enjoy it. =P~ Thank you very much.

The reason I said I want to give it another try alone is that I fear I might be missing something. Maybe I'm missing the point. Or maybe I'm missing the experience that you guys enjoy. But I promise that if I still don't enjoy it, I won't post anything negative again.

It is pretty amazing how *very* different the feeling and vibe is in those three places... Boyztown, Sunee Plaza, and Jomtien Complex. It's almost as if they are in completely different cities.
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

newalaan2 One thing I can always count on with you is that you take every comment personally whether it is aimed at you or not . How about the things I agreed with you on, no mention of those. Actually I did not disagree with you on anything but just added context .

But with you everything is Fighting Words. I don't get it, and I won't comment on any of your posts any more in the future.

Liked

Bruce: You mentioned a bar called Fresh Boy. I've never heard of it, where is it?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    Hi All
    1 week back from a Thai trip and thought I should write a quick update before my news becomes old!
    Hey colmx.
    Great summary of the Pattaya scene. Glad you had a good time.
    I totally get the "book the next trip" thing. It helps to know when you will be back.

I have noticed a decrease in ventilation / air con at TNI as well. A couple of nights, I had to go outside for a bit to get some fresh air. Some killer cigarette smoke on occasion, which sometimes gets to me.

Anyway, I haven't been checking SGT of late. I see the normal bickering is still in place.

Interesting to see everyone's comments about BT and Sunee. One of the great things about Pattaya is the variety for everyone, both in companionship and locales.

I rarely visit BT anymore. Last trip, didn't visit even once. I find the staff at Sunee bars much more to my liking. More laid back and friendly, mostly Isan boys. Boyztown is much to "gay disneland-esque" for my tastes.
    Although colmx had now peaked my interest to check out a couple of the bars now on my next trip.

I shall return in a month or so and see how things are primed for high season.