List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: News of Pattaya's death has been greatly exaggerated!

Liked

Re: News of Pattaya's death has been greatly exaggerated!

I wonder if any of this will effect my barhopping in Sunee... For the past few years a few bars would not let me enter unless I paid an entrance fee thinking I was Indian. Of course I didn't pay it, I simply went to a different bar. After a few days of seeing me around the plaza, they end up trying to drag me into their bar and offering me advice on what to say the next time they make such a mistake as to impede my entry. Sadly, their advice never works and the scenario is played out again on my next visit. Now I just go to those bars to see if they are going to stop me and demand an entry fee or if they will let me enter without any problems.

This only happens in Sunee.. Other bars just warn me that their bar is a gay bar.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

On the free drinks in Toyboys, of course its just a ploy to keep you longer and get more money
    Mmm not sure about that. I go there often with my farang friend and we both get free drinks every time, even if we are not sitting with a gogo boy.
    However, Pat knows us quite well by now!
    It actually works out very little more than a beer bar in Sunee, if you have 2 drinks (and get one free)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sad that people can ruin the reputation of an entire race, or nationality..... i.e. Indians (cheap as hell), Chinese (rude as hell), Russians (drunken fights from hell), or whatever.....
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by "colmx

Patatayland:
    BBB:
    First time ever my BF asked to go back to BBB 3 nights in a row... For me that says it all... He would normally balk at the idea of going in there at all =; =;
    They have a great selection of guys there with something for everyone... The addition of the "coyotes" has really livened things up
    The first show starts at 22.40 and finishes around 23.40 - and its cocks, cocks, cocks, B-boys, cocks
    The second show is at midnight and is the B-Boys usual Tiffany Show,
    I pity some of the rank-and-file gogo boys as they don't have much of an opportunity to get a customer in the 20 mins between the shows

Only negatives are that they have way too many waiters there getting in the way, and the old BBB herd could still do with some pruning of the 30/40s deadwood career gogo boys
    I attended the 1040 show at BBB last night. As usual they gave me a bad seat but I moved to a location in the centre of the club with what I thought would be a clear view of the stage and chatted with some nice Chinese guys on their first visit to Thailand. Difficult to watch the show with staff continually blocking the view and hovering over the 8 Chinese ladies that arrived at 1050. There are some hot guys at BBB but many should be retired. Get rid of half the waiters and others that are blocking the view and chatting amongst themselves or trying to endear themselves to customers. The B Boys were great, the best part of the show. The big cocks 10 pin bowling was amusing.

I walked past Toy Boys on the way to BBB. I saw at least 30 guys on stage and a very good selection so that will be my entertainment tonight.

Sunee was like a ghost town, sad to see it like this compared to past visits.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I agree with your review. It seems like BBB is the only show now... so naturally everyone is there. And Toy Boy, Fresh Boy, and A Bomb are the only gogo bars with a selection..... sometimes. I've never seen any boys that appeal to me in any of the other soi 1 or soi 2 bars.

Sunee was a ghost town when I last went too. My bf wanted to get out of Sunee as fast as possible. "Why you bring me to this place!?"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    Yes the bars are bereft of customers, but they are full of handsome and eager staff all waiting for you to choose them... so news of Pattaya's Death has been greatly exaggerated!
    Thanks for taking the time to update Colmx. I'm due there in a few days and it's great to get current/reliable updates. News of Pattaya's death has been being reported for the last few years yet it still lives on. It always amazes me to hear BT is dead, sunee is dead and so Pattaya is dead, yet I visit mostly in low season and there are always tons of boys available if you add together all the beer bars and agogos in BT, sunee and Jomtien. Also across Pattaya the opportunities to hook up with a cute young guy are vast. Not just the host bars, gogo bars but the massage shops, late night clubs, karaokes, beach road and even Walking Street as well as the early morning 2-4am eateries along Pattaya Tai down from Wat Chai. Plus online opportunities!

Glad you mentioned Pluag Mai, great that it is now enclosed, even though clearly not one of your favourites, it is one place we (bf, me and friends) can agree is worth a visit. Reminds me of the old Campan. According to bf and friends the thai food is excellent there,also a very nice change from the pounding repetitive NAB/club beats with great musicianship and players....enjoying guitar as a hobby I appreciate the live music. I hope to give tamnanchon a whirl as well as NAB, tamnanissan.

Cupidol:Cupidol has regained some of its former glory and have around 25-30 boys working there, nice election and again a really well run bar.Some people love Mamasan M, others hate him, I generally trust him to steer me right on a good boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    guess my only disagreement might be Cupidol . I have known M for years and he does not bother me one way or another.There were in fact 26 boys all on stage when I visited but I thought they were some of the most unattractive boys M ever recruited.
    Yes it's true M has two extremes in terms of being liked by customers. I have known M for 15 years since he ran NokNok in sunee, back then he was always helpful and polite, but over the years he has always been a bit of a chancer as well as irritating when you are wanting to concentrate on the boys and not his babbling. I have seen umpteen occasions when he has slipped a chit in an unsuspecting customers bin for the drink he has just poured himself, organising a whip round of customers cash for a dubious chuck-wow show and the prize presented to the boys somewhat less than the actual amount collected. However he is always very polite with me but keeps a distance since I put down an early marker with him, ideal! But as Colmx says he is knowledgeable regarding boys/staff.

I visited most of the places you mentioned a few days a go except of Sunee which I see absolutely no reason to visit. So sad what it has become and what it was even 5 years ago.
    You see 'sad' and others like me see it relaxing and laid back. Of course it would be great to see it busy all of the time, but Sunee is still one of the places I find every reason to visit when in Pattaya. I disagree about sunee recent history, if you want to experience real 'sad' you needed to have visited 10-15 years ago, when it was a dump as well as very very 'sad' and attracted the worst type of farang when I first came to Pattaya about 15 years ago, it took many years to rid itself of its underage and associated problems and finally turn into a safe relaxing area with welcoming bars but without pressure, and it has managed to stay that way for a few years now.

Part of the essence of a Thailand trip for me is the chance to be somewhere completely different to Euroland and to re-charge my batteries not only by enjoying the delights of Boyztown, the late night clubs, jomtien, karaokes, walking st bars, etc... by relaxing and just chilling with willing and lovely gay lads like many of the boys in sunee who work in the host bars who are fun, genuine and hardworking. I still go to gogo bars but not to off boys as I have had a bf for the last few years. I enjoy a drink.....mix of alcoholic and non-alcoholic, I can have a great time at the likes of Ouds Bar/caf├й with a great coffee, a beer or even a pineapple juice where it can be very entertaining and great fun. A holiday/break for me is not only about 24/7 fucking, once you have had your twice daily quota (or more?!) there is still a lot of hours to enjoy simple things in life as well as the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    My bf wanted to get out of Sunee as fast as possible. "Why you bring me to this place!?"
    "As fast as possible" Really bruce_nyc? It's a quiet bar area for relaxing, having a chat or a drink not a fucking war zone! I assume the reason you simply HAD to get out as 'soon as possible' must have been that you were threatened by a mob of local thugs, or maybe chased by a pack of soi dogs...no? So just a dramatic over-the-top screeching fit then...yes?

Liked

Good post newalaan; agree 100 %.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    Glad you mentioned Pluag Mai, great that it is now enclosed, even though clearly not one of your favourites, it is one place we (bf, me and friends) can agree is worth a visit. Reminds me of the old Campan. According to bf and friends the thai food is excellent there,also a very nice change from the pounding repetitive NAB/club beats with great musicianship and players....enjoying guitar as a hobby I appreciate the live music. I hope to give tamnanchon a whirl as well as NAB, tamnanissan.
    Actually from what I understand the owners/management (and a lot of staff) Pluag Mai are prtty much the same people as Campan...
    Certainly they are still using the same beer mats and whiskey trolleys as the old venue!

And the little and large singer from the group below definately played in one of the house bands in Campan too
    [attachment=1:2beo8689]IMG_20150912_010647.jpg[/attachment:2beo8689]
    [attachment=0:2beo8689]IMG_20150912_015854.jpg[/attachment:2beo8689]

The chicken strips in Pluag Mai are pretty tasty too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Yes the bars are bereft of customers, but they are full of handsome and eager staff all waiting for you to choose them... so news of
    I visited most of the places you mentioned a few days a go except of Sunee which I see absolutely no reason to visit. So sad what it has become and what it was even 5 years ago.
    ""You see 'sad' and others like me see it relaxing and laid back. Of course it would be great to see it busy all of the time, but Sunee is still one of the places I find every reason to visit when in Pattaya. I disagree about sunee recent history, if you want to experience real 'sad' you needed to have visited 10-15 years ago, when it was a dump as well as very very 'sad' and attracted the worst type of farang when I first came to Pattaya about 15 years ago, it took many years to rid itself of its underage and associated problems and finally turn into a safe relaxing area with welcoming bars but without pressure, and it has managed to stay that way for a few years now.""

An interesting and true description in many ways Newalaan2. But if you think the worst kind of faring are still not there you are dreaming. Their desires are fulfilled in different locations but they still hang out in Sunee. The farangs that insult and demean boys by offering them 300 baht for sex are still in great supply . They know when things are bad for the boys and when they can offer such disgusting amounts because the boys need to pay their rent and eat.

I also find it interesting that one of the favorite bars mentioned as being missed is Gentleman's Club. Everyone including the police knew that Bar had underage boys all the time. Not to say they were all underage because they were not . I frequented that Bar and took some boys off from there but turned down more because they did not have ID's.

Of course the response was always , no problem take boy upstairs ( but of course it was a problem) and long before that street started to die , that Bar was forced to close.

So yes we all have Rose Colored glasses when it come to certain memories and we all find different ways to enjoy our past favorite places even when they may not be what they once were.

I agree there is no place in the world where someone has as many choices to meet willing boys from saunas, massage shops, Beer Bars,GoGo Bars, Disocos, Planetromeo, Grindr,Jack'd Hornet etc.

Sometimes I just wish that people realize when all is said and done about the reasons they visit told to their friends back home, we all know it is because of the Boys.

I just wish that everyone would think about that when they try to cheat the boys out of a fair amount because they are desperate , when they sit on their hands in the GoGo Bars and never give out some tips to Boys on stage even if only 20 baht notes. When they fail to give a cute waiter or any waiter in a restaurant even a 7 or 8% tip.

I know there are many people on this and other Boards that treat the Boys fairly and with respect. But unfortunately I know there are many who do not and there are many people who read these Boards who are not members or posters but just read for information when they plan their trips.

It is always important that we encourage them to realize that some days all those choices may no longer exist. I can remember a lot of cities where I thought the fun would never end and it did. Nobody spends thousands of dollars on airfares and Hotels because they think the restaurants are wonderful. They come because of the availability of Boys. They need to be treated with respect an dignity and offered fair amounts for their services . And having a bad experience with a boy does not allow you to treat the next boy with less respect or dignity.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    My bf wanted to get out of Sunee as fast as possible. "Why you bring me to this place!?"
    "As fast as possible" Really bruce_nyc? It's a quiet bar area for relaxing, having a chat or a drink not a fucking war zone!
    Notice that my *bf* said that. Not me. I said.... I think maybe I should give Sunee yet another try.... alone. ( I can only guess that he felt uncomfortable because it was dark and a little bit of a ghost town. He's attracted to busy active places and 5 star places. )

I get that it's a quiet area for having a chat and a drink. I guess, if I go alone, who am I going to to have a chat and a drink with? I almost never sit and drink.... especially not alone. But I'll give it another try....

Yes, there's no place on earth with more opportunities to get laid per hour than Pattaya, Thailand. If you can't get laid in Pattaya you can't get laid anywhere ( and you're not even trying ).

I also agree that the truth is, All men go to Pattaya for sex. When I hear guys back home in the US talk about wanting to go to Thailand for the beautiful beaches.... I laugh so hard. We have much nicer beaches much closer to home. Usually it's because they're talking in front of their wives.

The part about "trying to cheat" the boys by offering them less.... is balony. Business is business. If you want to make it into a charity, then call it a charity. There is no minimum or maximum donation to a charity. But this is clearly a business transaction. If you offer the boy a measly 30,000 baht for sex, you should be ashamed of yourself! How can he pay his rent!? If you offer the boy a measly 3000 baht for sex, you should be ashamed of yourself!! That's nothing compared to the price back in your home country! How dare you *insult* the boy!

The truth is...... whether you offer the boy 300 baht for sex, or 30 baht for sex, they're not insulted.... and why should they be. Business is business. They certainly have the right to say no. And they *certainly* have the *right* to say Yes too! 300 baht in their pocket is..... 300 baht in *their* pocket. In the rural villages in Thailand, young guys have sex with Thai locals for a cigarette.... an *actual* cigarette! Nobody is insulted. ( except maybe you ) Any crying game where the boy *acts* insulted is just faked.... to get more... like a crying fit because he loves you and wants you to off him... It's all a silly acting job.... and all Thai people know it. As soon as you're gone, they're having a laugh about it.

If anything, I'm sure I overpay and over-tip all the time. That's my right too. But *believe* me.... It's *not* out of some misguided sense of pity, nor even a sense of charity. It's because of my selfish desire to be taken care of better.... and remembered.... and treated like a VIP customer. I overpay and over tip for my *own* benefit. Not theirs.

When I want to be charitable, I give to real *actual* charities.... like the orphanage in Thailand for abandoned little children born with HIV. Have you ever visited it? Have you ever given money to it? ( If not, don't speak to me about me not being charitable enough. Try being charitable yourself first. )

Those who offer the boys less.... have every right to do so. Business is business. As long as the boy always has the right to say No.... *and* the boy has the right to say Yes. If the boys are agreeing to 300 baht.... then the customer can "help" ten times as many boys...