Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
Quote Originally Posted by colmx
Yes the bars are bereft of customers, but they are full of handsome and eager staff all waiting for you to choose them... so news of
Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
I visited most of the places you mentioned a few days a go except of Sunee which I see absolutely no reason to visit. So sad what it has become and what it was even 5 years ago.
""You see 'sad' and others like me see it relaxing and laid back. Of course it would be great to see it busy all of the time, but Sunee is still one of the places I find every reason to visit when in Pattaya. I disagree about sunee recent history, if you want to experience real 'sad' you needed to have visited 10-15 years ago, when it was a dump as well as very very 'sad' and attracted the worst type of farang when I first came to Pattaya about 15 years ago, it took many years to rid itself of its underage and associated problems and finally turn into a safe relaxing area with welcoming bars but without pressure, and it has managed to stay that way for a few years now.""

An interesting and true description in many ways Newalaan2. But if you think the worst kind of faring are still not there you are dreaming. Their desires are fulfilled in different locations but they still hang out in Sunee. The farangs that insult and demean boys by offering them 300 baht for sex are still in great supply . They know when things are bad for the boys and when they can offer such disgusting amounts because the boys need to pay their rent and eat.

I also find it interesting that one of the favorite bars mentioned as being missed is Gentleman's Club. Everyone including the police knew that Bar had underage boys all the time. Not to say they were all underage because they were not . I frequented that Bar and took some boys off from there but turned down more because they did not have ID's.

Of course the response was always , no problem take boy upstairs ( but of course it was a problem) and long before that street started to die , that Bar was forced to close.

So yes we all have Rose Colored glasses when it come to certain memories and we all find different ways to enjoy our past favorite places even when they may not be what they once were.

I agree there is no place in the world where someone has as many choices to meet willing boys from saunas, massage shops, Beer Bars,GoGo Bars, Disocos, Planetromeo, Grindr,Jack'd Hornet etc.

Sometimes I just wish that people realize when all is said and done about the reasons they visit told to their friends back home, we all know it is because of the Boys.

I just wish that everyone would think about that when they try to cheat the boys out of a fair amount because they are desperate , when they sit on their hands in the GoGo Bars and never give out some tips to Boys on stage even if only 20 baht notes. When they fail to give a cute waiter or any waiter in a restaurant even a 7 or 8% tip.

I know there are many people on this and other Boards that treat the Boys fairly and with respect. But unfortunately I know there are many who do not and there are many people who read these Boards who are not members or posters but just read for information when they plan their trips.

It is always important that we encourage them to realize that some days all those choices may no longer exist. I can remember a lot of cities where I thought the fun would never end and it did. Nobody spends thousands of dollars on airfares and Hotels because they think the restaurants are wonderful. They come because of the availability of Boys. They need to be treated with respect an dignity and offered fair amounts for their services . And having a bad experience with a boy does not allow you to treat the next boy with less respect or dignity.