Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Availability of Truvada

Liked

Availability of Truvada

Hey fellas, I have seen mentioned on another post Truvada (or Artipla) and I am wondering the best place to buy it in Bangkok? Is it available at any pharmacy or do we need to see a doctor or go to a clinic first? Just looking for that extra little bit of protection

Liked

Re: Availability of Truvada

A wiser choice would be to get it in your home country and begin taking it before arriving in Thailand. It takes a while to become effective.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

francois...maybe he wants to bring his 1st weeks supply and top it off here....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    francois...maybe he wants to bring his 1st weeks supply and top it off here....
    Yeah looking at future supplies for next years trips

Liked

There is info on Thaivisa forum and some other sites if one wants to do a google search.

I doubt anyone can walk in a pharmacy and buy over the counter.

Liked

You can walk in anytime and buy it at: CHULA PHESAJ Pharmacy on Rama 4 between Silom and Surawong. There are very few things you can't buy there with no prescription. One of the most hectic pharmacies I have ever seen. I believe they also suppy many of the other pharmacies and hospitals.

7. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (October 7th, 2018)

Liked

Thanks firecat, really appreciate it and yeah I've been to that pharmacy before. Cheers

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    You can walk in anytime and buy it at: CHULA PHESAJ Pharmacy on Rama 4 between Silom and Surawong. There are very few things you can't buy there with no prescription. One of the most hectic pharmacies I have ever seen. I believe they also suppy many of the other pharmacies and hospitals.
    I've used this pharmacy monthly for a couple of years now.
    I'm sure you're right about them supplying hospitals, clinics etc. as there are often customers in there with huge database printouts to be filled.

Tried different times of day, unsuccessfully, to find a quieter time . At least 10 assistants rushing around like ants.

Brings my monthly medication bill from Bangkok Christian hospital down from 3K to 1.2K Baht.

Hint ---- write your needs on a piece of paper and stand looking helpless and an assistant will take pity on you.

Make sure you get the correct pharmacy as there are several in that short strip of Rama 4.
    Details from their card:
    Chula Phesaj
    942/25 Rama 4 Suriyawong, Bangrak BKK 10500
    Open Mon-Sat 08:30-8:00 pm email chulapessaj@gmail.com. phone 02 233 5105 (and in that quaint Thai way several other numbers).

Liked

Cheers Patanawet

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet

Hint ---- write your needs on a piece of paper and stand looking helpless and an assistant will take pity on you.
    As a further thought, if you're shopping anywhere for something unusual --- write it down ----- the Thai assistant may not understand your accent or pronunciation.
    Even better, if you've got an example of the product, take a photo of it on your smartphone. I tried miming 'fence posts' once!

And once spent ages in a taxi trying to communicate Soi Convent ----- eventually, the driver twigged and taught me how to pronounce Convent correctly.