Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Availability of Truvada

Liked

Re: Availability of Truvada

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    I've used this pharmacy monthly for a couple of years now.
    I'm sure you're right about them supplying hospitals, clinics etc. as there are often customers in there with huge database printouts to be filled.

Tried different times of day, unsuccessfully, to find a quieter time . At least 10 assistants rushing around like ants.

Brings my monthly medication bill from Bangkok Christian hospital down from 3K to 1.2K Baht.

Hint ---- write your needs on a piece of paper and stand looking helpless and an assistant will take pity on you.

Make sure you get the correct pharmacy as there are several in that short strip of Rama 4.
    Details from their card:
    Chula Phesaj
    942/25 Rama 4 Suriyawong, Bangrak BKK 10500
    Open Mon-Sat 08:30-8:00 pm email chulapessaj@gmail.com. phone 02 233 5105 (and in that quaint Thai way several other numbers).
    Today I purchased 3 bottles of generic truvada at the above mentioned pharmacy. 900 baht a bottle. Truvada was quoted at 3000 a bottle. No prescription needed.
    I had blood work and hiv tests done before I left for vacation.

The USA has the worst healthcare system. I was prescribed prep by my gp in the USA. My pharmacy quoted me a price of. ....... !!!!!! $1800 for 30 pills!!! $60 a pill. My insurance company would cover $1500 so my monthly payment would be $300. Crazy.

I purchased generic truvada for 30 baht a pill. America is the greatest country in the world for healthcare thievery.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post
    The USA has the worst healthcare system. I was prescribed prep by my gp in the USA. My pharmacy quoted me a price of. ....... !!!!!! $1800 for 30 pills!!! $60 a pill. My insurance company would cover $1500 so my monthly payment would be $300. Crazy.

I purchased generic truvada for 30 baht a pill. America is the greatest country in the world for healthcare thievery.
    Actually, the manufacturer will refund your deductible. You need to apply for the Gilead co pay coupon card
    https://www.truvada.com/how-to-get-t...p/truvada-cost

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Oh now Latin, come on, we KNOW you can troll much better than that, that was just lazy ! :-) BUT just for a second if you're serious I think you need to go and read the time you need to be taking PREP before it becomes effective perhaps......but you did know that anyway of course.....right !? For your sake I SO hope so anyway !
    See https://www.poz.com/article/can-fina...ep-really-work

I believe studies are still ongoing. But why? By the time you have to do all that, it may as well do a daily dosage

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Davey612 View Post
    Actually, the manufacturer will refund your deductible. You need to apply for the Gilead co pay coupon card
    https://www.truvada.com/how-to-get-t...p/truvada-cost
    Actually the manufacturer states a person MIGHT be eligible to have the copay refunded. I would have to pay the copay and HOPE I qualify for a corporate program that is designed to generate revenue.
    The USA has the worst healthcare system in the world - given the wealth oh the country.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

as a general rule I fuck with condoms as not only do they offer protection but also make me last longer due to the desensitization effect. I dont like to tax my system by taking medication, currently Im on no medication. But I know that in places like Berlin bare back is common and not wanting to miss out on good sex I oblige. So I dont see the need to take daily meds when I dont need to and Im a top sp the risk is less anyway. Good to know that event based dosage does offer protection.

Liked

Tried to help you Kitty. If you prejudice leads you to have a generic brand with unknown quality control over an OEM pill, so be it. The solution to the copayment is in front of you to take advantage. Have a great day/evening

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Davey612 View Post
    Tried to help you Kitty. If you prejudice leads you to have a generic brand with unknown quality control over an OEM pill, so be it. The solution to the copayment is in front of you to take advantage. Have a great day/evening
    I did not ask for your help.
    The truvada website clearly states a person MIGHT be eligible for copay help.
    My prejudice is against huge medical and pharmacy companies raping the healthcare consumer for profits.
    I presume the generic is the same drug as the brand name at 1/60 the cost. Please share any special knowledge you have about the quality of triads versus generic.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post
    I did not ask for your help.
    The truvada website clearly states a person MIGHT be eligible for copay help.
    My prejudice is against huge medical and pharmacy companies raping the healthcare consumer for profits.
    I presume the generic is the same drug as the brand name at 1/60 the cost. Please share any special knowledge you have about the quality of truvada versus generic.
    The previous post should read truvada...fxxxing autocorrect

Liked

RE: Brand v Generic

In the case of Atripla and Truvada the generic is not identical to the brand as different salts of Tenofovir are used, although this will make no difference to the vast majority of users.

Just suggesting that well-meaning but essentially amateur commentators actually get their facts right before pressing Return

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

scottish if you keep up these non-frivilous posts you might just be considered for a moderating position one day.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"