Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Availability of Truvada

Liked

Re: Availability of Truvada

Available at: https://www.silompulse.com

Pulse clinic is near the BTS station Saladang.
    Last edited by dorayme; June 8th, 2018 at 07:17. Reason: Clarify post

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Davey612 View Post
    I disagree with Kertom. Truvada is ok only if you KNOW you are HIV-. You can't assume you are - because of some test you did in the past. You have to know you are HIV- at the moment you start the program and that is only possible if you run both the antibodies and RNA test. I also disagree with his view about the effect on kidneys. Each individual is different. You have to have a benchmark as to your kidney functions. Here in the US, PrEP is covered by most health insurance policies. Trust me, they would be more than happy to save money by not doing all the tests if they didn't need to.
    I see what you are saying and it all seems valid on paper.
    However, one does not need a test to know you are hiv neg, if someone took a test last year and did not have anal sex or shared needles, you are hiv neg. Being hiv neg is important, however what do you think that the expected outcome is if you are not? Because of the way hiv operates chances of building resistance is really low compared to a bacteria. Your gp NEVER does extensive testing when perscribing a first line antibiotic.
    Because of the image of hiv the health industry is super duper conservative in anything that has to do with it, this image is an old cow they can milk for money.

About kidneys, many OTC meds can decrease your kidney function long term. Usually this is noticed after the first symptoms appear, people stop and regain their health. Prep studies show only minor effects and hence the same thing can be said for prep.

Think about the people who don’t like to see doctors, making them go for testing will end up in them just not going and not getting prep. In the fight against the virus that is worse.

Someone named Silom Pulse. That one is about 4000 baht (testing+ first time prep), after that more testing and follow up and they sell Teno EM for more money than Chula Bhesaj. I have it on rumors they but their Teno EM at CB and then sell it for more money. In my opinion Silom Pulse is expensive and unnecessary.

Liked

Does anyone know a pharmacy in pattaya that sells prep?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Kertom View Post
    Someone named Silom Pulse. That one is about 4000 baht (testing+ first time prep), after that more testing and follow up and they sell Teno EM for more money than Chula Bhesaj. I have it on rumors they but their Teno EM at CB and then sell it for more money. In my opinion Silom Pulse is expensive and unnecessary.
    Silom Pulse is basically mimicking the requirements of the PrEP program in the US. Anyone in the US who use his health care insurance for PrEP in the US has to undergo those steps shown in Silom Pulse in order to get Truvada. You may claim all this is conservative but here in the US, liability is a big legal issue and I can't blame them to be specially cautious. Also, the incidence of HIV infection has been going down even when condom adherence has been going down too. That, I believe, has to do with the way PrEP is administered here; that is constant monitoring, not only to see if Truvada is working but to make sure you are not infected with other stds.

As a final thought, I would caution about Truvada being the savior pill. It does not protect you from the rarer form of HIV 2. So, there is a small risk you may still be infected

Liked

As a doc, who can go anonymous.
    I strongly dissagree.....
    ...if someone took a test last year and did not have anal sex or shared needles, you are hiv neg...
    Am I right in saying you're claiming to be a Doctor (presumably of medicine) and as such you're advising that the only way to contract HIV is through anal sex or needle sharing?

Or have I misunderstood?

In fact I hope I have.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Am I right in saying you're claiming to be a Doctor (presumably of medicine) and as such you're advising that the only way to contract HIV is through anal sex or needle sharing?

Or have I misunderstood?

In fact I hope I have.
    First yes
    Second you do misunderstand.
    I am saying that unless one has unprotected anal or swaps needles, hiv risk is really low.
    This is not a debate on female male or male female transmission. I 100% agree this happens, it is just less common. Even if we believe the rare and self reported evidence of oral transmissions, driving a car is less safe. It’s a waste to test for and a waste of prep if taken for that.

Silom pulse charges 300b more for medicine they are getting around the corner. Please enlighten me how this is part of a conservative american model. A capitalist model perhaps.

Liked

Leaving Silom Pulse aside, thanks for basically rewriting what you previously said!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I only take it for " events"...is that safe?? Like when Im in Berlin where bareback is the thing to do, then Ill hop onto prep the day before and will only stop 3 days after the last BB fuck.

Liked

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    I only take it for " events"...is that safe?? Like when Im in Berlin where bareback is the thing to do, then Ill hop onto prep the day before and will only stop 3 days after the last BB fuck.
    Oh now Latin, come on, we KNOW you can troll much better than that, that was just lazy ! :-) BUT just for a second if you're serious I think you need to go and read the time you need to be taking PREP before it becomes effective perhaps......but you did know that anyway of course.....right !? For your sake I SO hope so anyway !