Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost: gay male vs str8 female

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Cost: gay male vs str8 female

Pattaya is full of retired old straight guys with young Thai live in girl friends, most of these retirees are north european like Germans, UK and a sprinkling of Scandanavians.
    What surprises me is that lots did not have high paying executive type jobs back home, lots were teachers, railway/postal/council workers...so I would imagine that their pension would be under the euro 2000 mark....which leads me to my question of how much are they paying their love in girl friends and how would this compare to a gay situation...I cant imagine that a fit young piece of Thai arse would hang around with a flabby old wrinkled farang for anything less that BHT1000/day.....which would be a third of his income.

Liked

Re: Cost: gay male vs str8 female

I would never pay that much for a bf , but then I'm not wealthy so I have to watch my budget every week. So better to stay single and just "hire" a boy for the night.

It depends on the boy really , and where you live. if you live a relaxed life in Isaan , I am sure its possible to live with a boy and it would not cost you more than 10k per month , as long as his Thai family is happy. It shouldn't really be necessary to pay anything , but if the age gap is 40 years ++ we all know it will only work if money is involved.

In Pattaya I imagine it would be a lot tougher to live with a bf on a budget.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    ...I cant imagine that a fit young piece of Thai arse would hang around with a flabby old wrinkled farang for anything less that BHT1000/day.....

Which is why we can't understand why you expect to pay only 500B dear.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

....scotty darling...thats because I only want to hire him for a couple of hours..not 24. Hello!! do your maths.......and shouldnt this be in the Thailand section??

Liked

Well, I suppose pro-rata you have a point about the 500B - but wasn't really what I was getting at, schnookums.

On your other point - aren't you the originator of this topic? Didn't you place it here?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ah yes...i did kick off this topic...the things i think up when I'm way beyond drunk

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...but still no one seems to be able to let me know what a permanent live in girl friend actually costs...and more importantly what the gay equivalent costs....

Liked

Related, maybe this helps: buying pussy in Klong Lot or Chinatown is the same as buying ass or cock in Saranrom, 500 Baht for short time.
    Whereas straight and gay bars aimed at farang have completely different pricing structures (straight: cheap drinks, expensive off fee and tip; gay: expensive drinks, cheap off fee and tip - compared to straight, not absolute value).

Liked

What surprises me is that lots did not have high paying executive type jobs back home, lots were teachers, railway/postal/council workers...so I would imagine that their pension would be under the euro 2000 mark....
    And I am surprised that you're surprised, my dear latintopxxx.

Those people with lots of money (a) are getting on quite nicely there in their home countries on their accumulated capital and good pensions, and (b) can afford to visit Thailand as often as they like for holidays - far preferable to actually living there and putting up with all the daily inconveniences, poor customer service, unfathomable bureaucracy, etc.

The classes you describe, on the other hand, (a) have a poorer standard of living back home, (b) have no particularly well regarded social status back home, and (c) may not have been able to afford to visit Thailand so frequently in the past and, as a result, still have their rose coloured spectacles firmly in place.

Realising that, now that they are on a pension, regular holidays to Thailand are a comparatively expensive proposition, those "teachers/railway workers/postal/council workers" look at the LOS and perceive it as a place where (a) their relatively poor income will give them a far better standard of living, (b) they will enjoy an enhanced social status merely because of the colour of their skin, (c) their age will not count against them from a social and sexual point of view as it does back home, and (d) they will enjoy an endless paradise of sunshine, booze and boys.

Many of them are quickly disabused - as we can see from the many miserable faces on display. And, of course, in the most unfortunate cases, those people with no entrepreneurial background at all decide to invest in a bar or similar venture and end up even worse off than before - or than, with no social security to rely on, they would have been back home.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

I cant imagine that a fit young piece of Thai arse would hang around with a flabby old wrinkled farang for anything less that BHT1000/day.....which would be a third of his income.
    In many cases, that piece of Thai arse is not that young or fit. So perhaps they do settle for less cash.

There are also other ways for people in poor paying jobs to finance their lifestyle. Like selling or renting out that house they bought for ┬г2000 40 years ago. Or spending an inheritance.