Quote Originally Posted by llz
They should move to a new location near the Saphan Khwai BTS station.
llz, enjoyed the information on your blog regarding Saphan Kwai. Due to having bf and spending much less time in Bkk nowadays I have all but forgotten about SK. It used to be a guaranteed part of every Thailand trip in my first few years from early 2000 - 2007/8. I have always liked karaoke bars as I can speak a little thai, can hold a tune and enjoy a wide range of Thai rock/folk/chart music, so most of the SK bars were very enjoyable for me to visit. I never felt out of place, and also found the boys to be much less self-obsessed, money-grabbing and much more tuned to customer satisfaction than Silom/Suriwong boys.

Always stayed at Karnmanee Hotel with it's (once brilliant) roof garden restaurant, also like the fact there were very few westerners in that area back then. But I still enjoy karaoke bar style evenings so maybe time to re-visit, just to try it out again. Also like massages and have enough Thai to state my requirements. Any Saphan Kwai updates would be appreciated. Much prefer a busier karaoke bars as there is more to keep interest going for a couple hours.