Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Friends

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Three Friends

I’ve received e:mail messages from three close friends in the last week, and, ironically, they have all hinted at the prospects of finding a “Thai Boyfriend” when and if they are able to return to LaLa Land. This really seems odd, considering the fact that all three are (were) diehard “Butterflies”, and after being imprisoned for the last year, one would think the only thing on their minds would be tossing in the hay with as many boys as they can when they return - just to get the blood flowing down the right arteries again.

Similarities that these friends share is that they’re all in their 60’s, have been prancing with the brown boys in Thailand on their bi-annual holidays for roughly 20 years. One (M) is from the U.S. and takes pride in being a confirmed bachelor. As a dedicated “top”, he prefers lining up str8 ponies randomly without a romantic bone in his body (Latintopxxx could be his clone). Another misfit chum is from Australia (B), who is equally committed to his “free lifestyle”, who enjoys dating multiple boys simultaneously depending on which way the wind is blowing. He’s open regarding his preference for being versatile and only remembers the names (or numbers) of boys who are well-endowed. Last, but not least, is another highly spirited maniac from England (W) who we’ve dubbed “Butterfly Extraordinaire”. He takes pride in having the mobile number of every working boy in LOS, and routinely has 2 or 3 boys shacking up with him at any given time.

All three (M,B,W) have played the role of long-distance sponsor at some juncture (who hasn’t), are generous (hinging on foolish) when it comes to tipping, and view the world as being their raw oyster. I guess, before hooking up with Jai, I was a hybrid of these three characters to some degree…with no regrets whatsoever.

Maybe it has to do with the effects of this pandemic and the changing landscape. Who knows. But each of my friends seems inclined to talk more about finding a “Boy Special” as time moves forward. Influencing factors could be: the decline in availability of working boys (on the scene, not on the apps), economic factors, e.g., higher travel costs, health certificates, etc., covid safe-distancing protocols, or just the mere fact that they (we) are aging, when bonding with the guy you’re exchanging bodily fluids with tends to take on a whole new meaning.

In any event, I just hope they make it back here soon. I miss the unbridled and spontaneous times that we had together on the sois, and listening to M’s late-night pony stories, and his constant complaining about “Star Boys Gogo” being closed (for the past 14 years now). Mr. B rolling his eyes and hyperventilating during his drunk ramblings about the length and girth of the last boy’s penis, and W, as he kisses the boy next to him - while simultaneously fondling the waiter’s balls with a few 20 baht notes folded neatly in half.

Will the “new normal” evolve into seeing more “Couples” strolling hand-in-hand down the dusty sois – or will "Star Boys" reopen and virtual reality be set in motion again? I guess only time will tell.

2. 9 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (March 10th, 2021), arsenal (March 10th, 2021), BenCH (March 11th, 2021), dab69 (March 10th, 2021), goji (March 10th, 2021), Moggy (March 10th, 2021), Oliver2 (March 10th, 2021), Ruthrieston (March 11th, 2021), TaoR (March 11th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Three Friends

Possibly a side effect of Vaccine best report such findings to W.H.O

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (March 10th, 2021), StevieWonders (March 10th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
    Possibly a side effect of Vaccine best report such findings to W.H.O

Bigger samples are needed for statistical relevance...

6. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (March 10th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"More couples in the dusty sois"? yes, and I've noted before that the sight of elderly falangs and their now ageing boyfriends, the fruits of halcyon days long gone, has become much more common.

For my part, I never actively looked for a long-term relationship; butterflying was so much fun. Traversal of the bars, a choice of companion, sanuk, thanks, goodbye, here's the cash. What could be a better way of spending an evening?

So it seemed between 1995 and 2004; and even when it did change, it was at first like an extended or repeated off rather than a relationship. Then, an unexpected change occurred. P had been unwell during one of my stays. I remember emailing an old friend back home, expressing concern and found myself writing, " I think I may love him." The choice of language surprised me even as I wrote. But it was true; I did. In a way, the curtailment of our nightly sanuk had opened my eyes as to how I really felt.

Seventeen years later, I walk hand in hand with P. through Central, Terminus 21 or wherever, choosing a restaurant rather than around Boyztown choosing a go go bar. And recently, by chance, we have encountered three similar couples, friends of P from his Dreamboys days , all in their late thirties or early forties, all with their three ageing falang boyfriends. One French, one American and one British.

The Pattaya we knew and loved has almost disappeared, the evening entertainment I enjoyed twenty years ago is only a shadow of its past but for some of us, what has remained is just as enjoyable and perhaps more lasting.

8. 12 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (March 10th, 2021), Aux1010 (March 11th, 2021), christianpfc (March 10th, 2021), dab69 (March 10th, 2021), Dodger (March 10th, 2021), francois (March 10th, 2021), Marc K (March 11th, 2021), Nirish guy (March 11th, 2021), pronto (March 12th, 2021), Ruthrieston (March 11th, 2021), TaoR (March 11th, 2021), Zebedee (March 11th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Three Friends......God help them!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes indeed. I should have added that long-distance relationships are frequently painful.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...whats wrong with you all...as usual I'm way way way ahead of you...whats wrong with having a partner...someone i dare say you love...someone you build up a life with...who irritates you and somehow you miss when he's away...and simultaneously have random casual sex...beyween my regulat fwb and random grindr hook uos I hardly have time to scatch my gonads...now double that as my parrtner thin ks along the same line as me...also very proudly a total slut...life sexually speaking couldnt be better...

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (March 11th, 2021), Dodger (March 11th, 2021), kittyboy (March 19th, 2021)

Liked

My first trip to Thailand was 23 years ago in the company of friends who knew the place well. Around 2005 I fell for a young gentleman working in My Life for Happiness bar in Boyztown, ended up taking him to live with me in London and had one of the first Civil Partnerships in Chelsea Town Hall. About nine months later he told me he missed Thailand and his family and Thai food too much and I bought him a flight back home. When I retired and came to live in Pattaya I promised myself I would not fall in love again, and had a great time being a butterfly, lasted nine months and fell again. Our relationship lasted six and a half years, though I could not expect him to live with me and paid for a nice room for him, but saw him every day. Breaking up with him was seriously painful. More than two years on I still miss him, but also enjoying my freedom. More than nine years now I have lived in Pattaya and they have been some of the best years of my life.

14. 5 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (March 12th, 2021), Dodger (March 11th, 2021), Oliver2 (March 11th, 2021), TaoR (March 11th, 2021), Zebedee (March 11th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...whats wrong with you all...as usual I'm way way way ahead of you...whats wrong with having a partner...someone i dare say you love...someone you build up a life with...who irritates you and somehow you miss when he's away...and simultaneously have random casual sex...beyween my regulat fwb and random grindr hook uos I hardly have time to scatch my gonads...now double that as my parrtner thin ks along the same line as me...also very proudly a total slut...life sexually speaking couldnt be better...
    Correct me if I'm wrong I'm assuming your partner is about your age. How do elderly couples conjugate?
    By taking a very young man you are going to help him directly and by extension the local economy.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

....and an extended family. Whether you like it or not!