List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whatsap with Sawatdee Gay Thailand?

Liked

Re: Whatsap with Sawatdee Gay Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    I'll continue to bemoan the ┬г3-4K it costs me to spend 2 weeks there.
    He is scottish and they are reputed to be the most cheap people in the world.

Liked

In response to your comment:

Generous Scots...give more to charity than the average Englishman and a third more than Londoners.

The Ipsos Mori poll released today found Scottish households with incomes of less than ┬г150,000 gave away an average of ┬г356 last year.

Yet Londoners donated almost ┬г100 less - ┬г268 - despite earning 25 per cent more than the Scots.

Overall Scotland is the most generous nation in the UK on average, followed by Wales on ┬г328 and England on ┬г285. Northern Ireland was not included in the survey

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3j51PWtBH

So put that in yer pipe and smoke it.

The only thing I'd add is that had N Ireland been included in the survey and had our very own NIrish's expenditure on Thai "charities" been included, we'd probably have been pushed into second.

Liked

Over 700 views and 21 replies so soon shows that the lack of interest is of great interest to many. Perhaps there's life in the old dog yet.

Sorry for my "latinpox"; dementia-part of the malaise perhaps.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguest
    Over 700 views and 21 replies so soon shows that the lack of interest is of great interest to many. Perhaps there's life in the old dog yet.
    Trouble is most of the replies are regarding costs in relation to going to, and within Thailand with further exchanges not in any way relevant to the specific topic to which there have been only about a quarter of the 22 replies. Maybe that's an indication in itself or at least a hint as to why, as 'thaiguest' suggests, SGT appears to be "surviving on crumbs".

For someone who doesnt want to have a war of words Firecat, you sure go out of your way to keep the pot boiling
    He's not the only one though...

Normally I don't think there's any problem with threads being dragged off topic if it is a natural flow from, and with still some relevance to, the topic. But this definite change in direction regarding the cost of visiting Thailand and other side issues between SG and firecat/others in no way relates to anything about the original OPs question regarding whatsap with SGT.

That said, the off topic tangent regarding costs in Thailand is a good one and well worth continuing on it's own as a discussion split from the original topic which doesn't seem to have been able to pick up any momentum because of it.

If the topics were split I think there would be a better chance of a lot more responses specific to the original post. It's a very relevant and interesting question posed by "thaiguest" and deserves to be discussed without being side-tracked. The topic also deserves a more detailed response than I have time to give to it this evening, so I'll post later.

Liked

I am with Firecat. The main reason I went to Thailand this past April is that it was cheaper to get there than Europe from the US East Coast. That still seems to be the case.

One area I have never visited is Seattle and Vancouver. About $550 to Seattle, $750 to Vancouver, and $900 to Bangkok. Hotels: $170+ in Seattle, $200+ in Vancouver, $28 in Pattaya (Ganymede).

An 8-10 day cruise to the Bahamas: about $1400 (you know I am going to drink.)

The Dominican Republic really would be cheaper, but I am a bit leery about going there alone (for our purposes ) the first time.

Liked

From a moderator's perspective and because I review the inactive members list on a regular basis,I find that out of our 830 members or so, that most log in at some point of the year. The members that are here on a regular basis can probably see that the chorus of members posting changes from week to week, month to month and season to season. I suspect some of our inactive members, especially those that were frequent posters and who suddenly stopped...posting or logging in have passed away. There's probably 5 or 6 in the membership that fit that profile. We have a core group, some who are here quite regularly who never or rarely post. The list of members active in the past 24 hours stays varied and changes throughout the year.

July and August are traditionally the lower part of the season and so in the two years since I've been administering this is the time when we see the least activity. I think this is also reflected on the other Boards, some more so than others.

...and Vancouver's been a popular destination for many this summer especially Americans, with the beautiful weather and the value of the Canadian dollar that's now trading under .78

Surfcrest

Liked

Perhaps a more civil tone on the part of some posters would encourage more participation?

Liked

Scottish-Guy , could you please tell me what hotel you stay in that costs ┬г700 for two weeks

Liked

Certainly, a deluxe room at the Mercure in Pattaya costs about ┬г50 a night/┬г350 for 7 days by the time you factor in breakfast for 2 (not included) and other bits and pieces such as the occasional spa treatment. It's possible to save on that rate by paying in advance and waiving your right to cancel or amend your booking - but I prefer not to do that. I have no reason to exaggerate.

Diec will be able to confirm where I stay (and maybe the room number as well - but probably the wrong one though, like the rest of his duff info), whilst MiniMee will tell you I've never been in Thailand.

Liked

Nice Hotel. Now just imagine staying at a Mecure Hotel in most of the Western world or NZ, Au. etc . You would spend many times your current budget for lodging. Pattaya continues to be an unbelievable bargain for all levels of Hotels . The only exception might be a few like the Hilton or Marriott where they offer more value in Bangkok then Pattaya. (Go figure)