List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whatsap with Sawatdee Gay Thailand?

Liked

Re: Whatsap with Sawatdee Gay Thailand?

I mistakenly assumed you would realize I was talking about Gay Bars with available Boys

Last time I checked there were not any cute boys in any of the places you mention willing to go home with you for less then 30 Euros. Also if you want cheap drinks and especially beers you can get them all over Pattaya on Beach Rd and Pattaya 2 Rd Bars for 50-80 baht or less.

You want to go to Gay Bars with available Boys you will pay more. But of course you know this or you would not be coming to Pattaya all the time. HeHe

Liked

Well. I would have assumed that - had you not explicity stated you were referring to drinks prices and specifically drinks prices in beer bars, but no matter.

I'm not trying to prove you (or anybody else) wrong - I'm merely pointing out that IMHO Thailand is no bargain when it comes to drinks prices (unless buying a bottle of spirits which you generally cannot do in Europe).

As we agree though, other things more than make up for that.

Liked

I understand. But my point is in the last 2 years I have travelled to Australia , New Zealand, Great Britain , Spain, Scotland , Ireland, N Ireland, Portugal , Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland , Germany, Austria, Netherlands as well as Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia .

I'll give you one guess what countries even came close to overall expenses for Lodging, Food, Drinks, Transportation.

Of course it was Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia and Poland was close. Thailand is still a very cheap destination , too bad the airplane ride is so long.

And that is without even mentioning the availability of cute male companions for dirt cheap prices.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Now Hua Hin could not by any stretch of the imagination be called a gay Mecca
    Try these descriptive words for Hua Hin:
    Boringville
    A wasteland
    A hole in the earth
    Awful
    A dump
    Trash pit
    And, last, the place where the Gollum of Thailand (a/k/a smiles) hides his decrepit self.

Liked

Interesting the reasons given for the lack of interest in travelling to Asia and Thailand in particular.

A friend of mine was planning to visit London revisit Prague and had a contact in Vienna he wanted to see. When looking for rooms plus cost of living both food and drink
    he was forced to take another look. Unlike the increase in the US dollar that MOAS and gaybutton and others talk of, from an exchange rate of $107 to the US $ to now 73 cents, takes a lot of time to adjust to

it was not the cost of the airfares. they have remained for Australians about the same. it is the rapid drop in the purchasing value of the Australian dollar.This has meant looking for shorter trips or looking closer to home.

The rates quoted for the bigger Bangkok hotels which charge in US dollars,he has been looking at, still much more expensive now but at least the cost of living is down.

He has asked for a selection of Pattaya hotels that I can suggest. I have others that have asked for opinions of Thailand and other Asian counties I have visited.

I feel that for the US gays looking for cheap holidays, the increase in the dollar/ baht valuation could well start a rethinking of Thailand as a destination For Australians the reverse they have to start looking for better value for their holiday money. Both things hopefully could provide stimulus to Thailand.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    ... from an exchange rate of $107 to the US $ to now 73 cents, takes a lot of time to adjust to ...
    It certainly would =))

Liked

I genuinely don't agree that Thailand is a cheap destination these days - people tend to forget the ┬г500-600 spent on the flight to get there, and concentrate on the fact they can buy breakfast for 150B.

Having said that, I do know one elderly guy who can have 2 weeks holiday in Pattaya and come back with change from ┬г400 spending money - but his idea of painting the town red is buying an extra bottle of water. I don't share that thinking, but each to his own.

I guess anywhere can be cheap if one is very easily pleased - like that guy.

Liked

I don't want to have a war of words . I don't necessarily mean Thailand is a cheap destination, just that in comparison to much of the rest of the world it is a bargain. Especially if you are looking for sexual companions. ..

The airfare argument is a weak one. As a USA traveller it frequently costs me as much for airfare to Europe as it does to Thailand which is double the distance. If you want to compare taking Ryanair or Easyjet to Spain from Glasgow or to Thailand then certainly there is a difference. But once you arrive at the destination Thailand is still cheaper if you compare apples with apples. And believe me when I arrive in Europe as a Tourist it is far more expensive for me then Thailand. Not even close!

Also it is not fair to compare what it costs you to live in your home country with any foreign destination. We all become familiar with local restaurants or bars in our home country where prices are reasonable. But the visitor usually does not have that option and so his expenses for Food and Hotels , Transportation etc will in most cases be much higher then in Thailand or some other Asian countries.

Liked

For someone who doesnt want to have a war of words Firecat, you sure go out of your way to keep the pot boiling

Let's agree that you'll continue to think that Thailand is cheap and I'll continue to bemoan the ┬г3-4K it costs me to spend 2 weeks there (in the way I want to spend them - ┬г500/600 air fare, ┬г700 in hotel costs, and the rest on booze, boys, food, and fun).

Deal?

Liked

I'm just trying to help the summer doldrum in my own little way. HeHe Thanks for the Help!