Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Planning trip, need advices/suggestions

Liked

Planning trip, need advices/suggestions

Hey everyone!

Hope y'all doing good. Been a long time since i posted here (even though i'm lurking almost daily.)

For the first time in almost 2 years, i will have around a 10 days of vacation next month and i'm planning on going to Pattaya/Bangkok (living in Chiang Mai right now but the gay scene here is at the moment 70% dead.... really boring.) The last month have been a very difficult one for me (my friend died at full moon party because she got stung by jellyfish, uncle died, boyfriend left, etc) so i'm basically looking to meet new people, change place and try to have some fun.

The last time i been in Pattaya was in 2013 so i guess alot of things changed since then. I have a budget of around 25-35k baht (hotel/transportation paid.) Basically, what i would like to do is:

- Meet with other people and make new friends around a good beer or a good meal (preferably foreigners since it's more easy to talk about a variety of things and our love for thai guys).

- Organize a party somewhere

- Meet twinks fem thai type boys (not too feminine though...)

Ya that's basically that. I mainly would love to meet new friends and socialize and meet twinks thai boys.

So if anyone of you in either Bangkok - Pattaya - Phuket have any suggestions (go-go, bars, spa, whatever) please let me know.

Thanks!

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Planning trip, need advices/suggestions

Hi, I live in Pattaya and since your last trip here in 2012 the gay seen is the lowest I've seen it in 12 years, you say the scene is down 70% in C.M. I recon that percent is higher here. Your budget is fine but keep your expectations low maybe just a change will do you good.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    Hi, I live in Pattaya and since your last trip here in 2012 the gay seen is the lowest I've seen it in 12 years, you say the scene is down 70% in C.M. I recon that percent is higher here. Your budget is fine but keep your expectations low maybe just a change will do you good.
    Hey, thanks for your answer!

My last time was indeed at the end of 2012 (in February 2013). I've actually posted here asking about some advices since it was my first time and alot helped and i enjoyed my time there. I think the difference between Chiang Mai and Pattaya now though (correct me if i'm wrong) is while maybe in Pattaya things are more quiet or even seems 'dead', you can still have access to what you like and have the luxury to choose where u want to go (go-go, bars, etc). Past few months in CM the 2 most popular bars places had to close which left only 2 gay bars to go. Dance disco like G-Star closed and before another one opened, we were left with only 1. I guess at least in Pattaya, there's more choice as to where to go ? (Like Jomtien, Sunee, Boystown)

My expectations to be honest aren't really high. I just want to make a like half-private party (maybe something like in a go-go with twinks boys around) to spend the night and enjoy (but i have absolutely no idea how much it would cost...) and meet other foreigners.

Don't get me wrong: Having sex with thai guys is the best but when it comes to talk serious stuffs (politics, history, etc) oh god do i get reminded why i need more foreigners friends lol.

Liked

The gay scene in Chiang Mai is geared towards local Thais; in Pattaya it is predominantly for foreign tourists and expats. Much easier for you. Have a look at Planet Romeo.

Liked

Go to All of Me Bar in Sunee Plaza in Pattaya; hang around and see if any farang are there who you could chat with. Maybe ask for some advice as to what go-go are worth seeing but don't want to come across as an undercover agent.

Liked

25-35k baht will not go very far in Pattaya for 10 days!
    You should budget for a minimum of 5k per day if you want to have a decent time (or more)
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    25-35k baht will not go very far in Pattaya for 10 days!
    You should budget for a minimum of 5k per day if you want to have a decent time (or more)
    Indeed but i won't go out everyday... and i said 10 days but i'm thinking more about a week. And i'll probably go out maybe 4-5 times out of 7 days.

Liked

25-35 k for 10 days (transport and hotel paid already) is more than enough for me.

Just back from 2 nights in Pattaya, number of boys is down and number of customers is even downer, nonetheless I spotted more talent than I could handle.

For private party I suggest renting (?) a gogo bar for some hours, with customer number in the low single digit (in one case I was the only customer for half an hour in a bar), that should be no problem.

If you have a smarthone there's an App called MeetUp that may be of some use