List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Fear and Loathing in America': the Trump Papers ...

Liked

'Fear and Loathing in America': the Trump Papers ...

Nothing I have read so far ~ and encapsulated in so few words ~ could better define my own thoughts on The Donald and his hilarious desire to be the POTUS. My thoughts have been, as usual, all over the map, but this piece from the Washington Post rearranges my thoughts far better than I could ever do.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pos ... can-party/

The right wing of the GOP (i.e. the Tea Party loons and various hangers on) is laughably delusional as to their base expectations that very soon now the Trumpian nasty, vicious, rascist, and Know-Nothing band wagon will become the law of the land. Sooner or later they, and Mr Trump, will be laughed out the door ... as most Reality Shows eventually do.
    Do you think?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Re: 'Fear and Loathing in America': the Trump Papers ...

The article misses the point completely. Voters in many modern democracies are fed up with "politics as usual". They suspect they're being lied to and feel "used", not least because of the articles about political spin, let alone what we now know courtesy of Wikileaks and its ilk. Trump represents a break with all that, however distasteful many find what he says. To frame the issue in terms of the Tea Party paradigm shows that, quite clearly, the Washington Post is still "last decade" if not "last century"

Liked

'Cunt' or 'wherever' ... you decide.

So the last woman to confront him on his general disdain for women was told that she was basically so crazed that she had " ... blood coming out of her eyes, and blood coming out of her (cunt) ... " [to be fair, he did not say the word 'cunt' but used the word 'wherever' ... which is now a cherished new Trumpian euphemism for cunt. Then he back-peddled and said to the press " ... I really meant blood coming out her 'nose'].
    But he'll make up for that, and will prove his love for the female gender by ~ maybe ~ choosing Sarah Palin for his running mate, er, when he wins the nomination.

What?! What?? What??!! What!!!!????

[youtube:6wczbuj1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2n5mg9DCDY[/youtube:6wczbuj1]

Liked

Jon Stewart regretting retirement ... dearly

Stupid! Idiot! Looser! Retarded! Anyone with cancer! PoW's! Pootin! ... er, Mexicans!!!???

[youtube:3jt99nbf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9sy7LbY89U[/youtube:3jt99nbf]

There is nothing conceptually different between the Trump campaign In the U.S. and the Corbyn campaign to be leader of the Labour Party here in the UK. Both appeal to those disaffected by politics-as-usual

Their critics - as you do also Smiles - miss the point because they focus on the symptoms not the underlying cause

Liked

The Donald ~ if elected ~ will throw Hispanic babies born in the US to illegal immigrants out of the country on their ear(s): " ... all of 'em, let 'em eat mercury-tainted pablum, ha ha ha ha ~ just joking ... ", he was heard whispering to a 350 pound Good Ol' Boy behind a Port-a-Potty at the Iowa State Fair.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/19/us/po ... pe=article

Next up for Mr. Trump? Black folks!! Back to Africa ~ all of 'em.
    These two may be allowed to stay ...

[youtube:l09eq8qa]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP6S3KE2DaI[/youtube:l09eq8qa]

Hillary seems to be in bit of trouble lately, but forget that, the Dems are loving this Donald stuff. At least Barry Goldwater had a brain.

Liked

"Which foot ... ?"

Donald puts his feet in his mouth. (A regular happening which will soon grow as large as the famous Mountain of Shit one could barely fly over in 'Apocalypse Now'. Fairly appropriate I might add ... )

[youtube:24qiv4rb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLydb7K6zmY[/youtube:24qiv4rb]

I'm waiting for the Forum's best known Republican member to make a contribution

Liked

At first, I thought this Trump idea was a joke to stimulate some interest into the Republican Party. Then I saw him in an interview on CNN and I have to say, I like his ideas. I'd much rather pay more for something of quality built in the United States than outsourced to China. The goods coming back into the United States made from out sourcing should be subject to a tax applicable to anything out sourced. Maybe if we paid more for better things and had to buy fewer things overall (because they last longer), there'd probably be less plastic things made in China floating out in the Pacific Ocean.

Surfcrest

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    Maybe if we paid more for better things and had to buy fewer things overall (because they last longer), there'd probably be less plastic things made in China floating out in the Pacific Ocean.
    http://www.fastcompany.com/3050562/most ... g-business