Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Australia's Virgin airline abandons Thailand

Liked

Re: Australia's Virgin airline abandons Thailand

I am not sure why kommentariat is so excited I am aware that Virgin flies PERTH PHUKET a few times a week, perhaps daily
    The loss of a Phuket flight does not seem world shattering to me I am not even sure if they were using their own planes.
    Maybe he should have looked at say Bangkok flights first.

Qantas flies daily and Jetstar alternates daily between MEL and SYD. Emirates has more flights daily than the two Qantas and Jetstar flights together

quote from the same newspaper
    Virgin will also ditch flying from Perth to Phuket from February because it said the market was "just not big enough" to make it viable. Unlike Bali, Virgin will not replace its services with Tigerair.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    I am not sure why kommentariat is so excited I am aware that Virgin flies PERTH PHUKET a few times a week, perhaps daily
    The loss of a Phuket flight does not seem world shattering to me I am not even sure if they were using their own planes.
    Maybe he should have looked at say Bangkok flights first.

Qantas flies daily and Jetstar alternates daily between MEL and SYD. Emirates has more flights daily than the two Qantas and Jetstar flights together
    Dear god, lonely - making things up AGAIN?

* Emirates flies ONCE a day from Sydney to Bangkok, as does Qantas. Because they code-share, what did you do - count the Emirates flight twice?
    * Jetstar flies three times a week direct from Melbourne to Bangkok and zero times a week direct from Sydney to Bangkok ie. NOT DAILY
    * Jetstar flies three times a week direct from Melbourne to Phuket and three times a week direct from Sydney to Phuket so the "alternate daily" is actually to Phuket not Bangkok

As to my supposed excitement one has only to glance at the Related Topics to see how often we get a breathless post from you on the topic of flights between Australia and Thailand

Liked

Emirates is flying 14 August Emirates EK419 from SYD 1845 arr BKK 0110 next day

another visitor is flying ex MELBOURNE EK405 one stop Singapore arr next day

Qantas flies QF23 SYD 0945 arr BKK 1635 same day

You are partly right as my friend who is flying Jetstar ex Sydney, flies out through Melbourne on Tuesday.

Just got email for a Melbourne flying Jetstar JQ7 1100 arr Singapore 1650 Jetstar 3K513 1910 arr BKK 2040

Don't have the time or interest in checking any more going out to dinner

What are your recommendations for the Emirates flights

another visitor is flying ex MELBOURNE EK405 one stop Singapore arr next day
    I'm sure we can all get to Thailand with one stop but sadly not on EK405. A simple check of that flight on seatguru.com shows it stops in Singapore and heads straight for Dubai. Unless of course he's going to Bangkok via Dubai, or the airport code for Bangkok is now DXB???

A quick check of the Emirates web site shows that they codeshare with Jetstar out of Singapore for Bangkok. We're back to one flight per day on EK out of Australia, and it happens to be ex Sydney. And as your greatest Prime Minister, Paul Keating, once said "If you don't live in Sydney you're just camping out"

Nice try, wombat, but once again no cigar

Liked

Actually it is only Jetstar that does a direct flight MEL/BKK. If I fly Qantas I have to fly to Sydney and then change terminals. I cannot book a direct Qantas flight Melbourne to Bangkok , I have to go through all the hassle in Sydney International,But my luggage can be booked straight through.

It is a great hassle and in cold weather when you go by bus between terminals, unpleasant

Jetstar flights Singapore to Bangkok
    3K511 07 15
    3K515 10 45
    3K517 16 40
    3K513 19 10
    3K509 22 50

What a load of crap you are pushing forward. All people that have one stop on the way might be lucky to have a direct connection . But many have to change planes but remain still with the same airlines. I quoted a man flying Jetstar that does not use that flight

A Melbourne flying Jetstar JQ7 1100 arr Singapore 1650 Jetstar 3K513 1910 arr BKK 2040 Nothing to do with Emirates.

All people that have one stop on the way might be lucky to have a direct connection.
    Perhaps I should put this in a larger font as it's clear your mother's warnings have come to pass. This story is all about DIRECT flights on Australian-owned airlines.

Liked

Obviously you have lost the plot. Who cares a fuck about which airline flies where and who code shares. Does any airline in the world not codeshare
    Even if they did who gives a stuff.

You referring to Virgin Airlines Are you now saying that is Australian owned
    Is Virgin any different to Jetstar.

Emirates has more flights daily than the two Qantas and Jetstar flights together
    Who cares a fuck about which airline flies where and who code shares
    The second quotation is in defense of the first one, doubtless.

Liked

They're heros all- even the lowly low cost carriers.
    Consider another quotation;
    "Of all inventions, the alphabet and the printing press alone excepted, those that abridge distances have done most for the civilisation of the species". Lord Macaulay.