Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Subscribing to a topic

Liked

Subscribing to a topic

Can someone explain to me how to subscribe to a topic so that I will be notified when there is a new post in that topic.

Similar Threads:

Liked

Re: Subscribing to a topic

I'm tempted ... ah, fuck it.
    (Lying under an umbrella at Hua Hin beach, sipping beer, puts things in perspective vis-a-vis Marti) B-)
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

What is RSS?

RSS (Rich Site Summary) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it.

Why RSS? Benefits and Reasons for using RSS

RSS solves a problem for people who regularly use the web. It allows you to easily stay informed by retrieving the latest content from the sites you are interested in. You save time by not needing to visit each site individually. You ensure your privacy, by not needing to join each site's email newsletter. The number of sites offering RSS feeds is growing rapidly and includes big names like Yahoo News.

What do I need to do to read an RSS Feed? RSS Feed Readers and News Aggregators

Feed Reader or News Aggregator software allow you to grab the RSS feeds from various sites and display them for you to read and use.

A variety of RSS Readers are available for different platforms. Some popular feed readers include Amphetadesk (Windows, Linux, Mac), FeedReader (Windows), and NewsGator (Windows - integrates with Outlook). There are also a number of web-based feed readers available. My Yahoo, Bloglines, and Google Reader are popular web-based feed readers.

Once you have your Feed Reader, it is a matter of finding sites that syndicate content and adding their RSS feed to the list of feeds your Feed Reader checks. Many sites display a small icon with the acronyms RSS, XML, or RDF to let you know a feed is available.
    If you go to the Board Index page on Sawatdee Network, you will see at the bottom of the page a link to RSS Feed.
    You can click that and subscribe to a topic through the RSS Reader platform you choose.

Surfcrest

Needless to say our esteemed Moderator (and his tools) completely misunderstand either RSS or the question. Marti wants to subscribe to a *topic*, which I assume means a specific thread within a Forum. The RSS subscription only allows someone to subscribe to an entire Forum ie. Gay Thailand or Gay World, NOT a topic/thread within it. I use RSS subscription all the time, and the Feedly Reader to access my various subscriptions across multiple sites that offer RSS; it's a blunt instrument so when reading the SGT RSS I see the posts of the Forum tools I've got in my Foes setting. Depending on timings I can see what people post originally rather than what they have subsequently edited it to.

Liked

My suspicion is that even the moderator doesn't know how to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by marti
    My suspicion is that even the moderator doesn't know how to do this.
    Where's the "Like" button so I can Like this post? Oh, that's right, we don't have that either.

Liked

It's probably more so that the moderator does not need to use this functionality to moderate or to simply read the Board as a regular member. The phpBB software that we are using to support the Board currently does not have the capability of a "like" button and so to do this would be to change our entire Board platform, but as always I appreciate your feedback.

Surfcrest

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    It's probably more so that the moderator does not need to use this functionality to moderate or to simply read the Board as a regular member. The phpBB software that we are using to support the Board currently does not have the capability of a "like" button and so to do this would be to change our entire Board platform, but as always I appreciate your feedback.
    But the platform does have the ability to subscribe to topics; you've decided that because you personally don't need it, other posters can't have it

[attachment=0:6egugwdu]ManageSubscriptions.jpg[/attachment:6egugwdu]

Liked

Guys, give it a rest will you. Take it from an old cunt like me.

This forum is WHAT 10-12 years old by now, maybe even the oldest Gay Thailand forum around.

I have been away for some years, but owners and moderators have changed, but the system stays the same. The look has changes, new shirt and jeans, went to the weekend market.
    Have you guys heard of the the saying: "If it isn't broke, don't fix it"

If you want a modern time, with bells and whistle, gay forum for Thailand, go to the ThaiVisa.com Gay section. Has all the modern social and anti-social crap you want. DEAD as a doornail, but maybe you can complain there some more and get it kicking.

Stop complaining here about your sick old or young shitty life, miserable money hungry boyfriend, empty bars, expensive GoGo's. NO, I am wrong, keep doing that, keeps this forum alive and somewhat kicking.

We (well I am) old cunts, this is it, just like the 2 other gay forum, button something and gaythailand. Not a member there (yet), but just as basic and old complaining cunts as you do here.

Be happy you got this place to vent and write whatever you want. If you think you can do better then the current owner, go for it.
    :ymparty: =))
    [B][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=3]Life has no remote.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Get up and change it yourself.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by sillyoldcunt
    Have you guys heard of the the saying: "If it isn't broke, don't fix it"
    You're so right!

I had a boyfriend once, he'd take our clothes down to the river and and clean them in the running water, sometimes he'd take our trusty scrubbing board with him. He oftentimes asked for one of those new-fangled washing machines but I set him straight - "If it isn't broke, don't fix it", I'd tell him. And we'd store our meat in the old meat safe in the larder. He kept on wanting one of those new fangled meat safes - you know the ones - refrigerators, that's the word. "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" I kept telling him. In the end he died - meat in the safe went off, I think