Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Rush's blog?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: What happened to Rush's blog?

Surf, I would be honored to commit to hosting a permanent copy of Russ' bangkokbois blog. I have an unlimited hosting account and capacity is no issue. His blog deserves to be hosted in perpetuity. I will do that. ( If more than one copy exists, that's not a bad thing either. )

Reading these old emails..... They feel like I just received them yesterday.

Hey Bruce:

Happy New Year!

Sounds like it will be since you and E___ will be reunited with A___ in
    just a few days. Geeze - but leaving on Valentine's day??? You are so
    gonna break that poor boy's heart!

I'll be in SE Asia for the lunar new year this year, so our paths may
    cross. Just not sure which days we'll be in BKK since Noom and I will
    be travelling about a bit too. If you have a set schedule for your
    time, let me know . . .

Ciao-
    Rush
    Damn, I miss you, Rush.

( We never met in person. )
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Did the obituary say the cause of death...?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    Surf, I would be honored to commit to hosting a permanent copy of Russ' bangkokbois blog. I have an unlimited hosting account and capacity is no issue. His blog deserves to be hosted in perpetuity. I will do that. ( If more than one copy exists, that's not a bad thing either. )

Reading these old emails..... They feel like I just received them yesterday.
    That's very nice of you Bruce, I'd still have to figure out how to do that. I think the media is stored on my site, which is why it isn't viewable. If you have some suggestions on how we could do this, please let me know! I had wanted to keep the personal site that jinks had with all those old photos, but wasn't able to figure that out before it expired.

Surfcrest

Liked

from Sawatdee Network Update topic34955.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    I've dissolved most of the Network, although Bangkokbois will remain on our site for the time being. I'll probably be moving us off this server over the coming 6 months in order to reduce the monthly costs...I can't guarantee I'll be able to hold on to Bangkokbois after that, but I'll let you know first before I disconnect it.
    I just noticed most pictures on http://bangkokbois.sawatdeenetwork.com/2015/04/ are missing. This must have been caused by recent changes (I clearly remember in September all pictures were in place, haven't checked since then).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    I just noticed most pictures on http://bangkokbois.sawatdeenetwork.com/2015/04/ are missing. This must have been caused by recent changes (I clearly remember in September all pictures were in place, haven't checked since then).
    Fortunately, they are all still there when I go into the site through the Admin portal. Where the phpBB software that runs the Board is fairly simple to navigate through, the WP Pro is anything but. I'm amazed that I've figured out on my own how to do what I've learned to do both with that and through Google Tools. I actually had to dedicate a couple of weeks to resolving a serious glitch in the WP Pro that almost took all the sites down last February. Now that Russ is gone, I'll go in to his site through his Admin Portal and see if I can't plug some buttons back in.

Surfcrest

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Let's talk more about how to do this offline, Surf. We can figure it out.

If it's just a Wordpress site, it shouldn't be that difficult to rebuild. But if we can get all of the data together, I can even hire a Wordpress expert to put it all back together... on my host. I would love to see it back up again..... as if he never left. And then it can be backed up to several backup sites for safety.

The photos are an essential part of it all, of course. He took great care to select the perfect photos for every section of every article he wrote.

His blog is one of his legacies.... and it should be presented as he intended it to be. He deserves that.

( wow..... deep thought.... when your legacy is entirely digital.... it could be your writings.... even your money in the form of bitcoin... your entire legacy could be digital.... that's a pretty deep thought... and i don't even smoke weed... )

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I wonder how Noom is doing....

Liked

me too, I often wonder how Noom is doing.
    If I lived in BKK I could try to track him down to find out....
    from Rush's blog and reading about this character Noom, I've always wanted to meet him...

Liked

I wonder not only about Noom, but Mom, Dave and Phil as well. Such an emotional roller coaster for all of them. I have made arrangements for my boy friend to be taken care of after my demise, since he will most likely out live me by a few decades. I hope Rush was not caught off guard and was able to make some sort of preparations for the inevitable. My Thai friends do not like to discuss such morbid things as death and illness, so it is hard to make any such plans with them. I lost contact with my boy friend for a few weeks a couple of years ago and later found out from him that he had been in the hospital. Now I have his family's contact info so if something would happen, I can at least get some information. It is difficult when someone you care about just comes up missing. I missed Rush when he stopped blogging, but now I have a deeper sense of loss knowing he is gone. His blog revealed that he had lived a very full life and that is of some consolation. Although I never met the man, I feel like I have lost a friend.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I do live in Bangkok.... but what clues, if any, do we have to go on....

I guess I didn't pay attention enough to remember details that might identify him, or where he lives or works...

Or maybe from the obituary there is a family contact? Might they know Noom?