Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to Rush's blog?

Liked

Re: What happened to Rush's blog?

Rush's blog was always the best. He saw the place with clear eyes. I also think he has enough nous to know that he'd said all that needed to be said. It is odd he just disappeared though - I posted a 'hope you're well' comment back in April and it never came off waiting moderator.

Maybe he just lost interest. Personally, from the moment that buffoon Suthep Thueaksuban appeared on the scene and was touted as the voice of the Thai elites I just started losing respect and interest in the place.

I'll probably visit Thailand again and I'm still happily sending 2,000 baht a month to the guy I met but it's just for old times sake. Nothing more.

Anyway..............Rush's blog and Rush himself in replies to my emails just nailed it I reckon. I'm still grateful. I hope he's going well.

Liked

I just found that http://bangkokbois.sawatdeenetwork.com/ still works. Last entries are here:
    http://bangkokbois.sawatdeenetwork.com/2015/04/ and from there you can work your way backwards if you are looking for something.

Whereas bangkokbois-gay-thailand-blog.com/ leads to error message as above and
    https://bangkokbois.wordpress.com/ has been suspended.

This sudden disappearance (first of Rush, then his blog being unavailable on the net) leads to the question: what happens to your blog or forum when you are unable to take care of it (to spell it out: severe illness, prison or death)?

My blog is on blogspot, I guess it will stay for eternity (not hosting fees have to be paid).

Wait, it's not that easy! Recently I got a warning for an offending picture (penis with mooks) which I subsequently removed. If I hadn't read the message and taken action, they might have suspended my blog.

What would have happened to SGT if the previous owner had died before he sold it? A realistic scenario, with these events about a year apart.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    .....What would have happened to SGT if the previous owner had died before he sold it?...
    Well, it would have been sad to lose SGT - but in that particular situation one ought to think of the greater good.

:ymparty:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Wow. This definitely does not sound like the normal actions of a guy who has been so open, so public, and so devoted to his blog and his fans for so many years.

I am really concerned.

Has anyone heard anything?

I had been in correspondence with him a few times over the years. I just sent him an email.

I know that he was always pretty protective of his identity and privacy. I vaguely remember him telling me that someone may have connected his real identity to his blog. But I don't really remember now.

Has anyone here ever met him?
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

I've hosted his blog for a few years and even I didn't know or didn't need to know his identity. He's been a member here for even longer than the blog, Rush Yet Again. He hasn't logged in since April of earlier this year and I believe his domain name has now expired, although his site continues to live on as an off shoot of the Sawatdee Network until I finally pull the pin on it some day.

Surfcrest

Liked

Very odd indeed was his leave-taking. He certainly seemed to be in a rush to take a powder.
    No explanation of any kind to, apparently, anybody. Strange that not a single person has a clue to the reasons why he would go away. My original thought was that he was just simply tired of the work needed to keep a very large blog filled with new perspectives on gay Thailand [and other Asian countries as well]. That I can easily understand.
    But, now I think perhaps a more dramatic reason. I do miss his blog.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

I miss his blog too. You can access it here still, but you have to manually modify the urls if you click a link. It did seem odd that Rush just disappeared, I know there was some speculation elsewhere about a picture he posted, but I also recall towards the end he asked readers for donations for Noom, his boyfriend, and raised something like 100,000 baht on his behalf, which with hindsight looks like he might have been planning to stop blogging.

Liked

Perhaps Bruce_NYC has an handy conspiracy theory regarding this. George Soros and his minions maybe? (Bitcoin theology also may make an appearance.)
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This makes me profoundly sad.

Not ( only ) because of the loss of his writing as much..... But that I fear for his life.

Tobi, I wasn't aware of his last minute fundraiser. Anyone who sent him a donation have any information about where you sent the money to....?
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    Anyone who sent him a donation have any information about where you sent the money to....?
    edited