Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to Rush's blog?

Liked

What happened to Rush's blog?

I just tried to take a look at the Dancing With The Devil blog and couldn't access it. I got a notice that the signup page has been changed.

I hope Rush is all right.

Any news, Surfcrest?

[color=#800080][i][b]I AM BUTTERFLY![/b][/i][/color]

Liked

Re: What happened to Rush's blog?

Same here, my browser redirects to
    http://sawatdeenetwork.com/wp-signup.ph ... d-blog.com
    and that gives
    The signup page location has been changed.

I became aware of this a few days ago here:
    http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic ... log/page-2

Liked

Friends,

I can tell you that the last time I heard from Rush was way back on April 16th when his computer died and he needed access back to his site. His last sign in to Sawatdee Network was on Friday April 17th...as Rush,Yet Again.

His site is still hosted on the Sawtdee Network, but I see the URL isn't presently active as so I suspect something may have expired. This is all I can tell you right now...but if I hear anything from him, I will let you all know!

Surfcrest

Liked

Thanks for the update.
    [color=#800080][i][b]I AM BUTTERFLY![/b][/i][/color]

Liked

I hope he decides to restart his blog, but I think it has been long enough he has probably moved on.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kram987
    I hope he decides to restart his blog, but I think it has been long enough he has probably moved on.
    I tend to agree with that. His blog was very popular but very ~ and this is an assumption ~ labour intensive: all that writing, all that searching for photographs, all that thinking about the next 'original' thoughts on the Thai world of sexual and social desires. Add to that answering of commentary posts, and fiddling around with the 'look' and general ambiance of the site. Takes a huge amount of personal energy, and I wouldn't blame him whatsoever for taking a very long time out ... perhaps permanently.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

I also hope he starts up again, although given the amount of work involved, as highlighted by Smiles, I can understand if he decided not to.

I loved reading his blog - it was informative yet humourous at the same time. Rush has an excellent understanding of Thailand was able to write about it in a very unique way.

Here's hoping we have not seen the last of him.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kram987
    I hope he decides to restart his blog, ...
    You guys are very optimistic. I think it's not a case of just stopping blogging (and participating in forum and answering email), I would guess he is unable to do so (excuse me being pessimistic: hospital, prison or dead; something more than a computer failure). I guess he would not just stop and let us leave wondering what happened. I can confirm it's an awful lot of work to post as much as he did.

We have the following blogs that expired (about 2010-2014):
    gayboythailand (used to be a poster here before my time) stopped blogging to move on with his life, simply didn't pay hosting fees (my assumption)
    pinkvn (a blog about gay life in vietnam) owner moved on, didn't have time (his goodbye message on blog)
    shamelessmack (nobody knows, but the blog went private, i.e. he made it private, it wasn't an accident)

There is one way I can think of to find out what happened: track down his "bar boy friend and current love of my life" Noom who is in email contact with Rush's friends according to his blog.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

None of use will really know until Rush himself provides the reason. But I agree with Christian and Smiles, writing a blog that went into so much intricate detail about so many aspects of life in Thailand and nearby must have taken a vast amount of time. When you travel constantly and have time to kill at airports and on planes, it's relatively easy. If you have to spend part of each day on it and at the same time hold down a high-end job, it must become increasingly difficult. Plus he had covered such a vast array of subjects, perhaps he just needed a break to recharge the little grey cells!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall
    writing a blog...vast amount of time. When you travel constantly and have time to kill at airports and on planes, it's relatively easy....perhaps he just needed a break to recharge the little grey cells!
    I compose all my posts at home, on my laptop (I need a keyboard, access to internet and access to pictures stored on my computer, I couldn't do this on a tablet when traveling). Don't know how and where Rush composed his posts.

If he just needed a break, he would have told us.