Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Rush's blog?

Liked

Re: What happened to Rush's blog?

I hope it is not true what I saw in the internet....
    if you open the above paypal link I will show you the name of the account owner for the donations to Noom.
    then unfortunately the "whois" feature about domain names
    identifies the same name as on the paypal link, which is then linked to an obituary of the same named person on 23 Nov 2015.
    Let's hope that this is all wrong.
    if it is true - then it is a GREAT loss - as I truly adored Rush and his excellent bangkokbois blog.
    The next time I go to LOS I will try to hunt down Noom - but if the paypal donation thing did truly raise 100,000 baht for Noom, then it may be impossible to find him in BKK.

Liked

Rush asked for donations on July 8th, 2014, here:
    http://bangkokbois.sawatdeenetwork.c...se-send-money/

The goal of sponsorship for bodybuilding doesn't sound that serious. This is an extract of what he says.

"Instead, IтАЩm thinking that one of his desires IтАЩve studiously ignored in the past is a sponsorship for entering the senior division of body-building competitions. That would go a long way to feeding his ego. Which is ravenous. And would require he keep his body in tip-top shape. So IтАЩd benefit too. Plus it would lay a good groundwork for the future argument that the best way he could thank his sponsors would be a steady stream of photos of his bodyтАЩs progress. Preferably nude ones. Which sounds like a win/win proposition to me.If youтАЩve enjoyed reading this blog, have come to lub Noom as much as I have, or have found the information provided here useful or the large amounts of snark mildly humorous, then itтАЩs time to show your lub by sending some cash."

He said in the same month that Noom was working at Zeus -(Soi Twilight?)

Liked

It was 70,000, my bad. http://bangkokbois.sawatdeenetwork.com/ ... -the-gift/ It was a year ago this month.

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkmfj2648
    I hope it is not true what I saw in the internet....
    if you open the above paypal link I will show you the name of the account owner for the donations to Noom.
    then unfortunately the "whois" feature about domain names
    Not sure where you are getting that from, bkkmfj - that domain name is registered (according to your link) to "Perfect Privacy LLC", which is a company that people use to make sure their name does not come up in "whois" searches.

Where do you see an named individual?

Liked

Ditto - there is no mention of the named Mr edited on the link provided, plus I can find no obituary notice from November in that name either.

:-\

Liked

Hi Guys,

Sorry to introduce myself in this fashion; long time lurker here and I was also a big fan of Rush's blog from the very beginning, commenting on there often. I just did a search on the name that I had from his old business site that I had bookmarked ages ago to see what he did with all those gemstones from those hilarious buying trips of his. Anyway the sad upshot of that is that I can confirm what bkkmfj said, there is indeed an obituary in the Modesto Bee dated Dec. 3, 2015 (3 days ago curiously) stating that he died Nov 23. There are enough other links to that named person to make me believe it was indeed him, including an article about his brother passing away from a motorcycle crash,(which he mentioned on his blog), and also a bit of a sad piece on his elderly mother, who he was primary caregiver for, and seems to have fallen through the family cracks temporarily with his passing.

RIP Rush.

Liked

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention that you have to use the Google cache feature when performing the whois search and you will see.
    open a Google search session
    type the following 2 keywords: bangkokbois
    click search and the Google historical cache function will display the whois historical link

RIP Rush

Liked

Liked

Thanks, Tobi, for the link.

How sad. I'd never met him, and we did cross swords a couple of times here on the forum, but I greatly admired his intellect, wit and wicked sense of humour displayed on his wonderful blog.

RIP

Liked

Thanks to Tobi, bkkmfj2648 and monsoon for your posts and the links.

I too enjoyed reading RushтАЩs Blog. I particularly enjoyed his Sunday Funnies. IтАЩm sure he will be missed by many on this forum.

I felt especially sorry for RushтАЩs elderly mother. I sincerely hope that local social services will be able to take care of her now that her son is gone.

RIP Rush
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases