Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caviar on as special,Black Angus steak marinated and more

Liked

Caviar on as special,Black Angus steak marinated and more

The monthly newsletter from Lupins probably not of interest to those who like low cost meals, but the dishes and content makes for appetizing reading.
    Yupins is in Jomtien Complex opposite what my friends call the Cambodian boys bar

from Yupins
    I am very pleased to follow up on the last email news to you, to tell you that our great Russian friends from Vladivostok have come through with the delivery of the finest Caviare yet seen in Thailand, of the red variety.
    YUPINS has made a significant investment in ten kilos of this highest quality caviare, as it seems that a lead time for delivery is the norm.
    In fact it is such a big investment I have taken and posted the photos of it below, just so you can see what it looks like!
    Our presentation at your table is the same as before, with 80 grams per portion, that is about three large dessert spoons full, which is lots, served with buttered black bread, lemon, (only use a little bit, Too much may spoil the taste) gherkins, silver onions, and on four ceramic spoons, a Quails egg on mayonnaise with salad and caviare, so it can be enjoyed to the full all at one time. The rest of your caviare in a tiny gold and ceramic pot, can be savoured with the black bread, gherkins and silver onions.

All this epicurean and historically orgasmic treat can be had for only 595 baht!!

Of course you will ask "where is the vodka??" and naturally that is available too, Stolichnaya Vodka from Russia, frozen in a frozen ceramic flask and to drink from a small crystal shot glass, for only 480 baht!

A big "DA" for this combination!

This starter is available from tonight onwards; I hope you will come to try it a first time and then maybe many times more.

Another bit of good news for us is the Australian 'Black Angus' striploin steak sales are very high and everyone is enjoying these steaks. It is amazing really but the popularity of these black angus steaks can be likened to Mr Yupins Indian Lamb Curry; that is very popular indeed.
    Mr Yupin selects each striploin for it's marbling (the fat running through the meat) which makes it so tasty, and then he cuts each steak to the correct size (around 250 to 280 grams, BIG)! Well done Mr Yupin!!
    The steaks are then marinated, seared and flamed to order in my kitchen and rushed hot to the table, with vegetables and a choice of potatoes. The steak is served with three dipping sauces: black pepper, white onion and fig marsala, and a curry sauce, all in ceramic spoons on the plate; see photo below. And only 495 baht!

We are still running as a special the fabulous 'Jumbo Tiger Prawns', which are fresh from the sea and have lots of meat on them. I serve them with a sauce of cream, saffron, wine, parmesan and a dash of Malibu. Delicious!!
    see photos below, and only 450 baht!!

YUPINS restaurant is still doing ok, we are busy most nights, for which we are grateful, and especially as we are lucky to have so many regular residents who come to eat in "their dining room" on a frequent basis.
    It is very nice for us to see everyone so often and to see all the tables chatting to each other in a relaxed atmosphere.
    I suppose it must be Mr Yupins wines that keep every one smiling?
    I am sure he would tell me if I asked but he is very busy testing them all,тАж. and then so tired from the hard work he has to sleep.

It is very hot outside now, and we are waiting to see the leaks inside the restaurant that come every year with the rains, and hope they cool us all down a bit. The rains not the leaks.
    Mr Yupin gets very hot about the leaks. We sometimes want to put a kettle on his head to see what will happen.
    So it is the rains that we are expecting fairly soon, maybe in two weeks or less.

The City Council say there is no danger of water shortage, despite the reservoirs and lakes being empty, so we are very lucky.

The electrics have been there in our building for many years now and now they are not finding their way to the fans always, so we will buy new ones and hope for the best. Fine logic.

The flowers in the bower over the entrance are still beautiful, but the hot sun is dangerous for them and they don't always get enough water with out the rain.

Well then, that is about it for now, so I will put the photos of many things below so you can scroll down and be happy happy!!

Lots of Love from Yupin xxx

087 062 9672
    http://www.yupins.com

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: Caviar on as special,Black Angus steak marinated and mor

Red caviar?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by LoveThailand
    Red caviar?
    Chefs now serve red coloured roe from the Nordic countries as caviar given the scarcity of sturgeon (black) roe from the black sea. But I'm not an expert.

Liked

Red caviar will most likely come from a salmon, certainly not a sturgeon and certainly not at the price they are charging which for what they are offering is of exceptional value. Were I in Pattaya I would most definitely go and indulge.

Liked

Yes, salmon roe.

Liked

I had the steak. Caviar was offered by (i guess) the owner as special, but none in our group was interested. I like the attitude of the staff. They did make a few mistakes, for example mixing up they way we liked our meat cooked, but +1 for trying.

Food was reasonable considering the price.

Liked

I got this email from Yupins

the caviare is from the russian 'guitar' (phonetically) fish, and is considered in Kamchatka as very good caviare.
    It is not black from the sturgeon or beluga, but they are at least four times the price.
    I could not sell those varieties as no one would pay that much.
    However, this is a good local (for the russians) type of caviare. What we now have in stock is fresh this season, when the eggs are smaller and less salty, and considered to be delicious.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked: 1

What short memories the gay community have in Pattaya. Advocating the consumption of Russian caviar and Russian vodka :ymsick:
    How many of you selfish old queens remember only two years ago we as the "Gay Community" were being urged to boycott all Russian vodkas because of that country's stance on gay rights and the persecution of gays in Russia.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...oycott-gay-law
    Have the Russians done anything to ameliorate their attitude?

Liked

This could be confusing to Germans, to whom Caviar/Kaviar is a euphemism alluding to a particularly perverse sexual fetish (I know this from perusing the DVD section of numerous German sex shops)

Just imagine if a bunch of elderly sexual perverts found this thread and descended on Yupin's! Oh, wait.....

PS: From my "research" (see above) I've come to the conclusion that Germans also seem have fetishes about dwarves and pregnant women. Often in the same DVD.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    The monthly newsletter from Lupins ....
    [youtube:15ugp5mq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRBtgrNo-58[/youtube:15ugp5mq]