Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: And The Heat Goes On And On And On

Re: And The Heat Goes On And On And On

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Very hot and very humid here in Hua Hin. Great big black clouds over the city this afternoon ... everyone expected a downpour but didn't happen as it drifted out over the gulf, miserly.
    I've been 'Going Mexican' since I got back and take a daily siesta around 2 in the afternoon with the bedroom aircon on and a jug of cold water beside the bed. Doing so revitalizes the spirit and rehydrates the body.
    Being back in Canada in May it was also extremely hot this year, one day I had a quite nasty bout of heat exhaustion ... it wasn't pretty. I learned a good lesson on that one.
    Go on Smiles, I'll bet you're down at the beach every day helping those boys get the sand out of their bum cracks.

And the water gets less and less and less http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/water- ... ge-to-come

Liked

On a more serious note the Issarn rice season is about to be declared a failure due to a derth of rain.

The countryside from the finish of the Chao Pray Ya basin to and beyond the Cambodian border and all over the north east is a sea of brown earth instead of a lush green rice crop.

To make matters worse the fertilizer has been spread and is now being blown away -much of it bought with borrowed money.

I fear a lot of hardship and discontent at the back-end of this year.

Liked

cdnmatt wrote:

тАжtry going 2 or 3 weeks without a single drinkтАж
    W. C. Fields:
    Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    Surfcrest wrote:
    тАж switch to powder when you are in Thailand
    A bottom, lately overactive on vacation in Pattaya, walks into a store seeking relief. He is greeted by queeny salesclerk.

Customer: тАЬDo you have any talcum powder?тАЭ

Clerk: тАЬYes, walk this way.тАЭ

The clerk begins to sashay over to the medicine counter.

Customer: тАЬIf I could walk that way I wouldnтАЩt need the talcum powderтАЭ.

But seriously folksтАж

How are the humidity levels? I find this is key. High temps I can deal with just fine under the shade of a beach umbrella. ItтАЩs when the humidity rises that things get uncomfortable.

I pity the poor farmers and hope they get relief first.

Quote Originally Posted by Phred
    I pity the poor farmers and hope they get relief first.
    If they're in Pattaya they could hand relief if nothing else.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by anonone
    Hotter then Hell in Isan last week
    In bf's village about 70km out of KhonKaen they've had a good lot of rain for about 5 days now and the rice crop is looking ok. In fact having just complained about lack of rain...and being sooooo hot! just a few days ago......according to him it's now "too muddy" everywhere!....can never win!

There's been some very nice warm sunny weather coupled with nice breezes here in Northern Scotland over the last few weeks, but would be quite happy to 'put up with' MFAS's on, on, on-going heat 'problems' in Thailand......something I never complain about when there...the weather...whether too sunny or too rainy, just being there is enough.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    In bf's village about 70km out of KhonKaen they've had a good lot of rain for about 5 days now and the rice crop is looking ok. In fact having just complained about lack of rain...and being sooooo hot! just a few days ago......according to him it's now "too muddy" everywhere!....can never win!
    I can attest to that. Rainy season has been really weird here this year, but thankfully getting a decent amount again now. But yeah, it's been on and off.

There are some weeks where it's simply unbearably hot, and other times where it's perfect for white folk like me.

I can say, my lawn is currently a darker green than it's been in the 8 months I've lived here. Now I just need to convince the "gardener" (ok, some guy who owns a weed wacker) not to chop the yard down to 5mm. It's fine for now, but later on in the year is just going to burn the hell out of the yard.

EDIT: Not sure it matters, but we've also had far more thunder & lightening this year compared to previous years.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2

There's been some very nice warm sunny weather coupled with nice breezes here in Northern Scotland over the last few weeks, but would be quite happy to 'put up with' MFAS's on, on, on-going heat 'problems' in Thailand......something I never complain about when there...the weather...whether too sunny or too rainy, just being there is enough.
    Looks like KhonKaen is the exception then.

Last evening BBC Asia reported a rice crop crisis now facing Thailand and Cambodia with nowhere near like enough rain falling or in the immediate offing.

Liked

No, the report is right, I'm sure, especially for farmers. We have been getting decent rain, but it comes in spurts. Generally at this time of year it rains basically every day between 4 - 6pm. That's not happening this year though.

Now, we get a good 3 or 4 days of rain, then it's totally dry for the next 10 days, which isn't normal for here.

That, and when it does rain, it's alot more "vicious". We get a lot more thunder & lightening compared to previous years.

Liked

This year is an El Ni├▒o year meaning the Pacific Ocean is warmer than usual and that will affect weather all over the Pacific including South East Asia and Thailand. The link attached talks about what weather we should expect leading into the Spring of 2016.

http://www.weather.com/news/climate/...ssible-may2015

Surfcrest