Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alternative to Mosaik

Liked

Re: Alternative to Mosaik

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    Any clear directions from, say, Forest House bar?
    Head up the soi as if you were heading back to Mosaik. When you reach the Family Mart, instead of heading left, turn right after the store. Head down that street for 100m it's on your right.

I stopped staying there several years ago as the bathrooms and the bedding were just not clean enough. Meanwhile, the cleaner appeared to be employed to sit on her arse in the reception area. However, any prospective customers will need a more recent review than mine.

Liked

Thanks, goji. That sounds very clear - I'll try again next time.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

For those planning to stay again at Mosaik you should be aware the rates have gone up 25% after the recent change of ownership,even for regulars.

Whilst many still feel Mosaik is good value ,not all will be of the same opinion.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

I have been quoted 5800Bt for a Studio and 9200Bt for a 1 bedroom for 10 nights from 9-19 October. That still seems reasonable to me.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    For those planning to stay again at Mosaik you should be aware the rates have gone up 25% after the recent change of ownership,even for regulars.Whilst many still feel Mosaik is good value ,not all will be of the same opinion.
    Lonely's second hand information is only partially correct, the rates have not gone up.....yet. See below.

I have been quoted 5800Bt for a Studio and 9200Bt for a 1 bedroom for 10 nights from 9-19 October. That still seems reasonable to me.
    There was a note at the foot of emails sent out by Mosaik that there is to be a price increase, but no % mentioned, starting Nov 1 that's why Joe and myself have received our 'normal' low season rate, as I have also booked one of the larger one-bed deluxe's for 10 days in October. The note stated that "due to we'd change a major shareholder, a higher of goods price and minimum wage for employee by government, we'd like to raise up our room rate from I nov 2015".

Joe, you are probably aware......but in case not, the Studio Prestige units which are much larger than the deluxe studios have balconies, some large like the one bed units, I know in Block C we have often stayed in C3-3/C3-4 which have large balconies at the rear of the building overlooking Bordeaux Restaurant and soi at the back connecting Day/night two & one.

but thought a change is as good as a rest.
    I agree a different place can be a nice change, when visiting Bkk I alternate between different hotels/guesthouses. But in the past like yourself I have considered alternatives in Pattaya, but after investigating and having a good look round have never been able to come up with a decent alternative to Mosaik which ticks all our boxes for a place to stay for 7-10 days, so have always stuck with them.

Very few of the places I checked out had decent (or any) balconies, probably the balcony view from Yensabai would be about the best, but there have been mixed reviews about staying there. Flamingo, TB mansion, Baan dok mai, Holiday Home are very close to Mosaik so not really much of a change of scenery from the balcony and none can compare in quality, as with Two Guys and Mosaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfhansum
    Just out of interest, has anyone stayed at the` Ban Dock Mai`, since it was taken over by the new owner ?
    I haven't heard of any reviews or comments about BDM with the new owner. I decided not to go back there when warwick sold it, if staying for a short 2-3 day visit I'll give Colonial a try next time. The room boy at BDM is now at Colonial and about two weeks ago when I passed the caf├й on the lower floor of BDM was closed and that side of the unit shuttered. That may have changed since I was there. That's all I know.
    Baan Dok Mai has had good reports but I do not like the stairs or walking through the cafe downstairs.
    Have these good reports been with the new owner since Warwick sold it or before? As above my understanding is that there is now no caf├й open there, unless that has changed since couple weeks ago. As for your complaint about the stairs there, where in the area/sunee are there (gay?) guesthouses/hotels with elevators apart from Mosaik/Yensabai Condos? Also I don't understand why you needed to 'walk through' the caf├й at Baan Dok Mai. What was the issue with walking through anyway? but the 'night' entrance there is open 24/7 and there has never been any need to walk through the caf├й if you don't want to at any time of day.

Liked

Thanks, I didn't know that some Studios had balconies. That makes a difference as I don't really need a 1 bed if staying on my own (with occasional guests).

Liked

The cafe at Baan Dok Mai was open last week when I walked by. I think the official name is Corner Restaurant. Very good massaman there.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    For those planning to stay again at Mosaik you should be aware the rates have gone up 25% after the recent change of ownership,even for regulars.Whilst many still feel Mosaik is good value ,not all will be of the same opinion.
    Lonely's second hand information is only partially correct, the rates have not gone up.....yet.
    My friend who stay 3 times a year and has rebooked for mid november, was told of the increases before leaving in June. 25% was the suggestion ,to be confirmed.
    He has rebooked , the increase did not worry him.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves