Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternative to Mosaik

Liked

Alternative to Mosaik

I may be able to squeeze in a 10 day break to Pattaya in Oct/Nov time. I've stayed at Mosaik for the last 5 trips (or so) but thought a change is as good as a rest. I spend my night in Sunee, so want to be within staggering distance. I don't need a pool, but a balcony would be good. (In June, I was waking at 5.00 and happily sat on my balcony for a couple of hours watching the street come to life). Basically all I need is a clean bed and shower, close to Sunee. Any suggestions?

Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Re: Alternative to Mosaik

Flamingo Hotel?

Liked

Not sure if I should recommend this, but I enjoyed http://sanya-apartments.com

Please note though, main reason I enjoyed it was because it was more of an apartment will a full kitchen, versus just a hotel room. Plus it had separate rooms / areas, so while I was staying with Kim I could be up working at 3am, while he slept, or whatever. Nonetheless, large, clean, everything you need, and cheap. It's basically just across the street (and alley) from Friendship Market, so close enough to walk to Sunnee.

It is a lady's bar though, but obviously none of the staff care if you're gay (although they will all see you walking to your room with your boy special). If any of the old, fat white guys care just shoot elastic bands at them until they go away.

Liked

Yensabai Condo (pool side)?

Liked

I have been told that going direct to Yensabai can be pricey. There are a number of people who own condos there that read this forum . Perhaps you could ask and request a private reply, if they do not wish to go public. I believe the owner of Sanong Restaurant close to the entrance owns a few.

On quick trips I have stayed at TB Mansions around the corner from Mosaik.next to Grottino, I was not impressed with Flamingo and moved out after 2 nights,Baan Dok Mai has had good reports but I do not like the stairs or walking through the cafe downstairs.

I have been asked and posted about Colonial and had a discussion last trip about Elephant Plaza . I think it was about the stairs again.

You did not indicate if you stayed in the studios,one or two bedroom at Mosaik, so have no idea about price. But this may help.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Thanks for the replies. I usually stayed in a Studio in Mosaik, but stayed in a 1 bed last trip in June. I'll have a look at the other suggestions. At this stage, it's only a possibility, but hope springs eternal.

Liked

I'm staying in Holidays home Pattaya for a few days next weeks. Seems decent enough for a good price. Booking through their website is cheaper than Agoda. however, it's good to read the comments there.

http://www.holidayshomepattaya.com/

http://www.agoda.com/holidays-home/hote ... ya-th.html

Liked

Thanks, vnman. I'd be interested to hear what you think of it after your stay.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman
    I'm staying in Holidays home Pattaya for a few days next weeks. Seems decent enough for a good price. Booking through their website is cheaper than Agoda. however, it's good to read the comments there.

http://www.holidayshomepattaya.com/

http://www.agoda.com/holidays-home/hote ... ya-th.html
    I┬┤ve stayed twice at Holidays home this year, about a week each stay. Great location, just opposite Mosaik, a couple of minutes walk from Sunee. One minute to Tukcom. Lovely service-minded staff. No problem with bringing guests. The hotel has the same owner as the more exclusive and expensive Mind resort, so as a resident at Hollidays home you get every day on demand a free voucher for using the excellent swimmingpool and gymnasium at Mind resort just 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

Liked

I'm a smoker, so without a balcony, Holidays home is out. I'm not going to the front of the hotel at 4am for a cigarette. That's why I want a balcony. It does seem like a nice place though and good value for money.