Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone take trips to Hanoi?

Liked

Anyone take trips to Hanoi?

I come down to BKK in September and from there go to Saigon for 2 or 3 weeks and then on to
    Hanoi..go to Saigon often but never been to Hanoi..is it gay friendly or what ?
    Looking to book a hotel and was wondering if anyone have suggestions for me to follow...have a couple of
    gays there but they not too friendly msg connections so what to do and say..I am from California and want
    to see Hanoi..but like to get suggestions from my good friends here...thanks so much

Liked

Re: Anyone take trips to Hanoi?

I've travelled many times to Hanoi before the advent of grindr, hornet, or jackd etc, and relied entirely on Gayromeo for local contacts, and was successful on every visit to meet non moneyboys whom I specifically avoided. Some of them were hoping to start a relationship but others were simply into casual friendship. Almost had no problem with taking guests to standard hotels. Some guys back then were too serious about relationship, and I'm wondering if nowadays guys are more relaxed than before. The gc bar was a popular gathering hole.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

An early evening stroll around the lake can be very rewarding.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam
    The gc bar was a popular gathering hole.
    It would be great if those posting messages did not use abbreviations such as "gc bar". How are those not familiar with the place going to know what you are talking about.

Liked

Yep what is the GC Bar?
    any hotels that you find interesting and ?
    thanks so much for your replies
    James

Liked

A guy I was talking to in Space Bar also referred to the bar as GC Bar, so maybe that's it's real name. Maybe "GC" doesn't stand for anything.

I wandered around the lake but didn't see anyone soliciting. And I made sure I walked around twice, just in case. Lol

Guys came up to me on motorcycles to offer me girls. When I said I was interested in guys they offered to take me to places where lots of guys were available. But I considered that way to dangerous.

Liked

I was in Hanoi on a trip 5 years ago and didn't manage to get anyone into my room.

I did find a place that did a very nice 1 hour package, with steam sauna, scrub down and a very energetic massage by fit slim but muscular young lads who strip off. Ami Spa 21.028239, 105.817213.

Undoubtedly the gay scene will have evolved since then.

Liked

Hanoi has a lot of charm if you survive crossing the streets. My hotels in the Old Quarter have never balked at visitors. The only massage I once tried was adequate but overpriced. I've met a few non-commercial friends through GRomeo and have been pleased. Those motorcyle guys rolling up with offers of girls/boys/sheep/drugs are fairly notorious scams. The lake is great for a stroll and for people watching; if there's cruising I would like to think I might have noticed it, but I didn't see anything of the sort. Still, it's an interesting (long) walk.

Liked

Thanks for the info about Hanoi..what hotel in the old quarters do you recommend..I am hoping to see some of the interesting sites too.
    and maybe a stud for a few days ...heheheheeh
    no just kidding lots of guys on romeo but for money I am sure..thanks again

Liked

The Elegance and Essence groups have nice hotels at very reasonable rates... Hanoi is a prime stop on the backpack circuit so many cheaper than those.

I've met several university type guys with good manners and no fee attached. Their English was great. Only one guy I met through Romeo wanted money-- and since he didn't ask until afterward he received a minimal amount "for taxi, not sex".