Well,I've finally hit the motherload of travel mishaps. On reflection, it was only a matter of time....

I'd already turned up at LHR for the second leg of a flight many years ago, carrying someone else's passport in place of my own - and had to go all the way back to Glasgow and start again.....

I'd already checked myself and the rest of my party out of the Mercure in Pattaya about 5yrs ago, waited for the taxi to the airport, we all got in it - then I realised it was a day early.......

But yesterday I surpassed myself completely - my flight from Vietnam was at half past midnight on the 30th - so at 5pm on the 30th I was in the condo, packing the last remnants of luggage and looking forward to a light meal and a leisurely trip to the airport around 9pm ....

And then the awful realisation hit me!

I was on an Economy ticket with Emirates, so they could not have been less helpful when I frantically contacted them - their only offer being a $970 new one-way ticket - an offer I found easily resistable.

So...I'm now faced with Etihad SGN-EDI tonight instead @ $680

Must look out that advert I saw for early-onset Alzheimer's testing.

(

Of course, you could all cheer me up by posting your biggest bloopers, travel or otherwise - think of it as being supportive and purging yourself at the same time