Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How often do YOU get tested?

Liked

Re: How often do YOU get tested?

No I don't , but I make sure to gargle my mouth with mouthwash afterwards. If the boy looks clean and healthy to me , I oral without condom.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: How often do YOU get tested?

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    As a side note when was the last time you had a hepititis B inoculation and a booster.....there still is no cure and the L.O.S. Is high on the list . . .
    Thailand has one of the highest rates of infection; nine million Thais have the HBV virus.
    Hadn't noticed this post last year and it's well worth repeating the warning. Having suffered 30 years ago, I can confirm that Hepatitis B is a particularly nasty infection. I was in hospital for a few days and had to rest at home for several more weeks. It can take up to 5 years to feel fully back to normal again. In Asia, it's not only Thailand that has a large number of carriers. Up to 200 million around Asia carry it.

The virus is spread by exchange of bodily fluids. The short term problem is that unlike HIV, the Hep B virus can survive outside the body for up to a week. The long term problem is that it infects the liver. Although it is less dangerous in adults and most will develop antibodies within three months, between 20% and 30% of those who suffer from chronic infection will die of cirrhosis and/or liver cancer. Up to 800,000 people die annually.

The good news is that there is a very reliable Hep B vaccine that remains effective for 20 years. So if you haven't been vaccinated, please do so now.