Members,

Here it is, from one of our very esteemed members a proposal for a new Rule protecting members from fictitious or malicious posts about them by another member.

This is really not a big change from how I've been administering the Board since 2013, just that it is soon to be in print and officially part of the Rules to be moderated. The key for members to consider here is that the onus is on the complainant to send me a PM, not to wait for me to deem any post "inappropriate".

Please let me know your feedback, if any. After 5 days, it will be permanently incorporated into our Posting Rules & Guidelines.

Surfcrest

"x. Satiric and comedic writing is encouraged on this board. However, posters are reminded that with the privilege of freedom of speech comes the responsibility to use that freedom wisely to the benefit of the wider community (in this case the board and its members).
On receipt of a (PM'd) complaint about any article, the Moderator may deal with it as he believes will be in the best interests of the board and its members. This can range from a PM to the poster and complainant suggesting the post was OTT (Over The Top) up to and including suspension/dismissal from the board if the post was truly injurious in any respect.
However, a word of caution. Frivolous complaints thrown out may come back to bite the complainant on the arse."