Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soi Buakow French Restaurant

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Soi Buakow French Restaurant

My last night in Pattaya a friend wanted to take me to eat Italian, so of course we end up in a French restaurant
    opposite TukCom- . I had the carbonera and he had the bolognaise with a ham steak as second course.
    Of course the ham steak also came with a second large dish of spaghetti covered in what looked like gravy.
    He was busting but really enjoyed his steak, a ~ 1/4" thick pork chop also with a gravy.
    Couple beers with the meal followed with a small snifter of Baileys Irish Creme for each of us (came with the meal) each came to 780 bT.
    Place is on the corner of a dark street, brightly lighted and painted and open to the outdoors- couldn't possibly miss it.

What took my interest more was the darkness of the street and across to in back of TukCom,
    another dark street to explore. It's where a friend lives and would have been interesting to
    explore if it wasn't my last night. Unfortunately- I had to go back to the hotel after dinner
    to get some sleep before the long trip home.

Liked

Re: Soi Buakow French Restaurant

Based on your description that restaurant is Cuisine Au Beurre however CAB is not on Soi Buakow. There are about 5 Boy Massage Houses in that vicinity to explore which serve a tasty Cock Au Thai.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

With dab's bad directions and no name, it's a miracle Francois made the connection. but after all Francois
    knows French restaurants and wine.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The restaurant was opposite and slightly past the front of TukCom and was told to me to be on Soi Buakow.
    A sea of darkness as well as the soi in back of TukCom. Wonder what the hours are for the massage places out in back on whatever soi that is.

Correction: total of our bill was 780bT

Liked

Perhaps you had more than a few beers and Baileys?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

nope. one beer each with meal

Liked

It may well have been Cuisine au Buerre but nothing eaten/drank that sounds particularly French. Spaghetti Bolognaise, Pasta Carbonara, Gravy, Beer and Baileys. CoB does what I would call western food and it's always pretty good. Reasonably priced too.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dab69
    The restaurant was opposite and slightly past the front of TukCom and was told to me to be on Soi Buakow. A sea of darkness as well as the soi in back of TukCom.
    This really sounds confused, there is no 'sea of darkness' behind Tuk Com as it is full of massage shops, hotels/apartments, shops and karaokes. But a 'sea of darkness' certainly does sound like the area just as you enter soi baukow on the right where the weekly markets are set up, as the OP mentions opposite and slightly past the FRONT of Tuk Com which would be across the road on the soi baukow side of pattay tai. But can't think of any 'french' restaurant there.

Liked

Good observations newalaan and arsenal. I know of where you speak. And there are two restaurants which might meet the description by dab. One is Benjamit which is a coffee/bakery shop frequented by les Fran├зais.
    Another is Osmos(on a corner) which has inexpensive food but not necessarily French. At night that part of the Soi Buakow Market would be quite dark.

The other "French Restaurant", actually Belgium , is La Petite Planete which is on same soi and close to Cuisine Au Beurre.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I knew mentioning the other darkened street behind TukCom would confuse readers here but they
    both intrigued me as they were unlit and understated in comparison to the main streets/Pattaya Tai with
    all their traffic and lights.
    Cuisine au Buerre sounds familiar, the seating in back on a higher level than those tables/chairs in the front.

Who could have known on a dark street how many brightly lit open air bright primary color- walled restaurants
    are on a corner of Soi Buakow? My friend just wanted to take me to eat where a relative worked
    and he also "liked to eat basketti".