Smiles, I think the final arbiter of what detracts from the board is the owner, as he's the one who pays the bills. It's not really up to the members ; we can only suggest that damage is being done to the board 's reputation and that potential members may discouraged from joining, or members may not want to post here. I think comments to that effect appeared on the board last year.

And Joe, deleting the thread doesn't address the original question or prevent such an issue arising in the future. It's no good just deleting an example of such behaviour - the behaviour itself must be addressed. Unfortunately, this discussion got bogged down into one about specific posts, whereas I was trying to address a wider principle.

Present members are aware of the travel reports and now know they are false and are meant as a joke so I don't see a problem in them remaining on the board, so long as they are not constantly dragged up for the purpose of misleading new members. That's why I asked Surfcrest to prevent further links to them. But leave them here.

The issue of harassment is a separate issue. However, the guidelines already cover that and it is up to the moderator to implement them or not. I think constant harassment may bring a negative aspect to the board and so those guidelines should be implemented but that's not my decision. No-one can force a moderator to act.

So we are dealing with two issues here. One is already covered. The other - posting lies about another member - needs to be addressed.

The suggestions made by Goji and Surfcrest seem adequate.