Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Christians lose the "gay cake" row case in Northern Irel

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The Christians lose the "gay cake" row case in Northern Irel

'Gay cake' row: Judge rules against Ashers bakery.

So, just in case anyone has been following it a land mark legal case here in the UK has just been ruled upon, where a "christian" bakery refused to make a gay for a gay guy which displayed a message in support of marriage equality as it went against their christian beliefs, so after months of legal wrangling and them refusing to compromise in any way the case went to court and the judge has just ruled that the bakery did blatantly discriminate against the gay guy solely on the grounds o this sexuality. Whilst I can understand where the christian fundaMENTALISTS where coming from in terms of their ( twisted and hateful homophobic) beliefs it's such an important ruling here in the UK for gay rights that absolutely reinforces the legislation where LGTB people can't be discriminated against simple because they are gay.

So, for once here in homophobic Northern Ireland a GOOD day for the gays ! :-))

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-32791239

Liked

Re: The Christians lose the "gay cake" row case in Northern

Lets see what happens in the Irish Republic at the Marriage equality referendum this Friday (may 21st)

Seems like there has been a last minute surge in the NO vote, thanks to the interference of the Catholic church and Christian pressure groups like the Iona institute...
    The (older) people who attend church will vote as their priests and bishops tell them... Lets hope that the young people of Ireland will come out in their numbers and vote for gay equality!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

If the referendum passes it will be interesting to see how the legislature tackles the adultery question - marriage equality does actually mean equality. Perhaps our recently self-identified legal expert Paul O'Sussex QC can offer another valuable insight here?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I would imagine they would handle that in exactly the same way they do with regards to straight marriage ie totally ignore the point, except in legal divorce proceedings perhaps, as they quite glcorrectly deem its no one else's business except the two people who are married.

You seem obsessed with this point kommie, what's wrong did a woman fuck you over in a past life somewhere and it's still grating a little somewhere deep down perhaps ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy
    You seem obsessed with this point kommie, what's wrong did a woman fuck you over in a past life somewhere and it's still grating a little somewhere deep down perhaps ?
    My concern NIrish is to ensure that those people who are stupid enough to want to perpetuate an archaic institution like marriage and think it appropriate for gays understand clearly what marriage equality truly means. It is certainly not limited to "being ignored" if the cheated on person wants to exact revenge under the law. It's certainly not an issue relation to "prim Victorians" as that fool Brad asserts. However by all means live in your Fools' Paradise.

To turn to an issue both separate and related, IMHO the Sook Amendment to the Posting Ruled is something you have breached by referring to my life outside the Board. Surfcrest - action please.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm more surprised to hear that you HAVE a life outside of the board as I just assumed you spent most of your time on here endlessly trolling and trying to wind people up for shits and giggles ( or fun as you might call it ) ! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy
    I'm more surprised to hear that you HAVE a life outside of the board
    Possibly (and I stress possibly as I don't want to fall foul of the Sook Amendment to the posting rules) you are somewhat disorganised or/and slow of thought

1 I don't read the Forum, I read the RSS feeds on my phone, so I can do that anywhere. Although the downside is I get to see the posts of those on my Foes list, I'm not tempted to respond
    2 Some themes and therefore threads form part of my Game Theory responses. You can see an example of that in my discussion about gay marriage and adultery in another thread
    3 I use a voice recognition/recording App (again on my phone) to record a quick response where one might be required and email it to myself
    4 From time to time I log onto my iPad or desktop PC, depending where I am, post the response I've already dictated after checking it for revisions, corrections etc
    5 Everything's E&OE I don't have time for fact-checking to the obsessive levels others clearly enjoy; I know they will take pleasure in correcting me and let's face it the little people need something to fill in their day

So what's that? 10 minutes work I'd guess. Hardly something worth assuming I have no life outside the Board. However that's me; I guess you're living a less organised life?

Liked

Nirish is "slow of thought"? Really?

the downside is I get to see the posts of those on my Foes list
    Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Isn't the idea of a Foes List that you don't see the members on that list?

I'm not tempted to respond
    Lol

I don't have the time for fact-checking to the obsessive levels...
    Obviously! But you don't need to tell us that - it's reflected in some of your posts.

(And "obsessive"? Fancy you using that word!)

And yet

after checking it for revisions, corrections, etc
    So, do you have time or don't you? Make up your mind.

I'm guessing you've got lots of time on your hands. Or do all those links you post to other websites just magically appear all by themselves?

the little people need something to fill in their day
    Lol

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Kommie, did you just inadvertently allow Nirish to.....reel you in?

One of these days my poor old heart is going to give up from the strain of the amusement that [Kommie's] posts place on it.

Liked

Hey, Kommie! You've gone quiet all of a sudden.

Was it something I said?

Lol

Liked

With his revelation that he actually uses the "Foe" feature, Kommie has gone down in my estimation.

There's nobody on the board these days who could seriously be deemed an enemy.