List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: And we thought Pattaya's Chinese tour groups were bad !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And we thought Pattaya's Chinese tour groups were bad !

So, lets hope for all our sakes that the below is one staff benefit that DOESN"T catch on perhaps as the trail of Chinese visitors being walked through Boystown, hand in hand, two by two, like something from Noah's Ark, by their flag waving tour guides all whilst gawking and pointing at us "freaks" is quite enough already IMHO. I can't begin to imagine how the people of France must have felt when 6400 of them descended on the place en masse for 4 days ! :-)

"A Chinese company has paid for 6,400 of its employees to go on a four-day holiday to France. The biggest tour group to visit the country was welcomed in the southern resort of Nice on Saturday., Tiens Group president Li Jinyuan booked up 140 hotels in Paris and more than 4,700 rooms in Cannes and Monaco for their trip. The tourists have hired 146 buses to drive them around for the duration of their holiday.

Source.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-32677965

Attached Images Attached Images

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: And we thought Pattaya's Chinese tour groups were bad !

The only problem I have with them is those fucking huge buses they travel in that are a traffic nitemare, also as they travel in groups what the hell would someone come here for except the obvious, maybe it's the beautiful beachs 8-|
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

I've lived in Thailand long enough. If I see a wall of Asians that large, I do a 180 and start going the other way, assuming it's a protest about to turn ugly.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    The only problem I have with them is those fucking huge buses they travel in that are a traffic nitemare, also as they travel in groups what the hell would someone come here for except the obvious, maybe it's the beautiful beachs 8-|
    They prefer to travel together, with family, friends or simply other people that share the same language.

I have a good friend from Canton who told me he took a Thailand tour from China and visited Pattaya, Noom Nooch and Mike's, of course. I asked him why he didn't just come on his own and he said that even his English isn't good enough to communicate with Thais trying to speak English, so he took the easy, lay back and let them look after you type of tour.

He also said that he wanted to see Thailand And Pattaya first, before he'd decide to visit for a longer duration.

Surfcrest

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    They prefer to travel together, with family, friends or simply other people that share the same language.

I have a good friend from Canton who told me he took a Thailand tour from China and visited Pattaya, Noom Nooch and Mike's, of course. I asked him why he didn't just come on his own and he said that even his English isn't good enough to communicate with Thais trying to speak English, so he took the easy, lay back and let them look after you type of tour.

He also said that he wanted to see Thailand And Pattaya first, before he'd decide to visit for a longer duration.

Surfcrest
    Pattaya is not a sample of anything in Thailand, they do themselves a disservice. I can see how Bangkok would be overwhelming but in my opinion Chiang Mai would be the perfect starter location its small enough, Thai enough and the food is not at all like Essan more like Chinese.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Pattaya is not a sample of anything in Thailand, they do themselves a disservice.
    I can vouch for that. Where I am, you don't mention you previously spent time in Pattaya. That would be a bad thing around here.

Liked

Chiang Mai is already overrun with Chinese tourists, something to do with a popular Chinese comedy film that was filmed in the city

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt

Where I am, you don't mention you previously spent time in Pattaya. That would be a bad thing around here.

Where are you, Bangkok? :ymdevil:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Where are you, Bangkok? :ymdevil:
    heh, I actually have a couple farangs as neighbours. One from Canada, the other from Scotland, although the Canadian is back in Canada now. They both have Thai wives, and each a kid.

With expats here, it's kind of an unspoken rule that you don't ask where they met their wives. I don't know, I don't ask, I don't care, and they definitely don't volunteer that little piece of information, lol. They know I have a Thai ex, but never ask where we met either. It's quite comical, because we all inherently know -- we all met our other halves at a bookstore.

Then as for the locals, you just don't want to be known as the farang who enjoys go-go bars and hookers. That would be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    I can vouch for that. Where I am, you don't mention you previously spent time in Pattaya. That would be a bad thing around here.
    Worse than mentioning your adulterous relationship with whatshisname Kim?