Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question where to post

Liked

Question where to post

Hi all,

But probably just the moderator(s).
    I have just been back here for a week/10 days or so and I notice it is custom to post all new topics just in Gay Thailand area, regardless if it has to do with gay Thailand or not. I am not criticizing or anything, just would like to know if that is OK. I posted a new topic days ago in the Anything Else area, but it seems not many people read there. Maybe that is why this area is where everybody just posts everything, so it gets attention.

It is OK to post everything off topic here, without getting warnings or such, because I don't think I am the only gay in Thailand who downloads TV series, so maybe I should have posted it here? Only 38 views in 4/5 days (0 replies) series-download-t32954.html

Just would like to know for further new topics I might start in the future.

[B][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=3]Life has no remote.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Get up and change it yourself.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Liked

Re: Question where to post

The 'Everything Else' Forum is for intellectuals.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    The 'Everything Else' Forum is for intellectuals.
    Guess I won't be posting there again. I can hardly pronounce the word "intellectual" =))
    [B][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=3]Life has no remote.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Get up and change it yourself.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Liked

Liked

OK, board owner is better then moderator.
    I followed the links above and yes they explain a lot, but my question was if it is OK to post in Gay Thailand OFF Topic as it seems everybody does. No problem, I get it. People want their topics to be read or are just lazy or know that elsewhere the topic will not be read.
    I just counted the first page on Gay Thailand and got to topic number 12 (Yours Guidelines and such), nothing about Gay Thailand, but there I stopped counting, because your topic was number 6 Off Topic of the first 12 topics (including this one so maybe 5 not 6 Off Topic posts)

I apologize for any misconduct, but just want to know if I can post all New Topics in Gay Thailand, like everybody else seems to do. I like this forum, a lot of fun combined with some good information and serious people.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

No post regardless of what section it's in is quarantined responses, perhaps there is a lack of interest in your topic!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    No post regardless of what section it's in is quarantined responses, perhaps there is a lack of interest in your topic!
    Quarantined ??? what are you all about.
    Just a simple fact. I posted the topic 4-5 days ago and had 38 views. Now after I mentioned it in this topic it had 53 views. That is 15 more in just a few hours.

Conclusion: If you want help or an answer or people to read, post all New Topics in Gay Thailand Area, otherwise do not bother to post anywhere else. Even the owner seems to know, because he and the other moderators do not move any topics. I suspect that the owner and moderators are not here everyday and check to see if anything needs to be done. Understandable, better things to do. Can not compare this to ThaiVisa.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by oldfarang
    OK, board owner is better then moderator.
    The board owner is the moderator.

I just counted the first page on Gay Thailand and got to topic number 12 (Yours Guidelines and such), nothing about Gay Thailand, but there I stopped counting, because your topic was number 6 Off Topic of the first 12 topics (including this one so maybe 5 not 6 Off Topic posts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    The navigation controls take a "code" adjustment to the software. I've requested elephantspike return when he can to fix this for us....please stand by! The red center tabs still work fine. Other members requested that we simplify the Forum listings and so "Board Business" was melted into Sawatdee Gay Thailand and Gay South East Asia merged with the former Global Forum to create Sawatdee World. Additionally, Open Discussion was renamed Everything Else and the Holding Room renamed back to being the Flaming Room.
    http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/cke...8.html#p291307I

The "Board Business" forum was combined with the Sawatdee Gay Thailand Forum and so Post 12 and any post or topic similar will be found in the Sawatdee Gay Thailand Forum. If a topic is posted to the wrong Forum, I'll move it. I receive regular requests from the membership to move topics into the correct Forums that assists me with this chore.

I hope this explains it!

Surfcrest

Liked

Thank you Surfcrest,
    My question is still not answered, but I get the picture. Do as everybody else does. Thank you for this nice forum and it is good to be back, makes me feel a bit less lonely here in Thailand.

Liked

But probably just the moderator(s).

It is OK to post everything off topic here, without getting warnings or such, because I don't think I am the only gay in Thailand who downloads TV series, so maybe I should have posted it here? Only 38 views in 4/5 days (0 replies) series-download-t32954.html

Just would like to know for further new topics I might start in the future.
    The Sawatdee Gay Thailand Forum Should be about Gay Thailand, Thailand, getting to and from Thailand, and Board Business.

The Sawatdee World Forum should be about anywhere else in the world outside of Thailand.

Everything Else are topics about everything else that doesn't fit into the other two Forums.

As your topic is of interest to people living in Thailand or to visitors to Thailand, looking for some television to watch other than the local stuff, I moved it to Sawatdee Gay Thailand. Not all might agree, but the definition is reasonable flexible.

Surfcrest