Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tarntawan, ID inspection, etc.

Liked

Re: Tarntawan, ID inspection, etc.

Liked

I am surprised that many seem to like the tight security and gestapo tactics at Tarntawan.
    At least Colmx seems to agree with me.

I have traveled the world, and at almost 70, I am certainly old enough to decide for myself who can accompany me to my room and join me in bed.
    Even five-star hotels in Thailand, Japan, Germany, the Netherlands, the U.S. and other places have allowed me to bring guests to my room, without ID checks or other procedures.

Ha! And Tarntawan thinks that it is "gay friendly" to oldsters like me.

For the record: The guy from Myanmar who was not allowed to go to my room was about 25 years. He was refused NOT because he looked too young, but because he had no passport or ID card with him. Other the other hand, the hotel did NOT make any fuss when I brought the Russian guy back to the room. [He also was about 25] I just smiled at the security staff, and the Russian and I quickly went to my room before security could do anything. At least security, did not break down the door and pull the Russian off.

End of my tirade. I thank members of this forum for sharing their views.

Also for the record: The food and the coffee at Tarntawan are mediocre at best.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"At least security, did not break down the door and pull the Russian off."

The reason they didn't is that that has to prearranged with them, tip agreed and extra tissues delivered to the room in advance - oh, no, wait, that's not the sort of pulling off you meant perhaps - oops, ok, just ignore that, I wouldn't know anything about the other sort of arrangement there and how it costs only 500 baht - no, ice absolutely no knowledge about that !!! Lol

" The food and the coffee at Tarntawan are mediocre at best".

Now THAT I totally agree with you about and can never understand people who claim that it's otherwise ?

Liked

He should book some nights in the "Tawana" opposite. I am curious how he would call it there? May be "Guantanamo Freedom"?
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Wim888
    During my recent visit to Bangkok, I stayed at Tarntawan for the first time. I will NOT stay there again.
    I've just looked at a website that says there are 1176 hotels in Bangkok. If you did not like your experience at Tarntawan you have plenty of choice in finding somewhere else. And those of us who do like the security arrangements can stay there in peace without having to listen to the constant whining from the likes of you who signed up on arrival for their security provisions.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by atri1666
    He should book some nights in the "Tawana" opposite. I am curious how he would call it there? May be "Guantanamo Freedom"?
    I am trying to dedipher the above comment...Are you saying the Tawanna is gay/joiner friendly or not?
    I have a farang friend that always stays there and brings boys back everytime with no issues
    Also have a Thai friend that stayed there last week - and he much preferred it over the Tarntawan (and he had no problem taking farang guests back!!)
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

I've just looked at a website that says there are 1176 hotels in Bangkok. If you did not like your experience at Tarntawan you have plenty of choice in finding somewhere else. And those of us who do like the security arrangements can stay there in peace without having to listen to the constant whining from the likes of you who signed up on arrival for their security provisions.[/quote]
    Totally agree.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    Quote Originally Posted by atri1666
    I am trying to dedipher the above comment...Are you saying the Tawanna is gay/joiner friendly or not?
    I have a farang friend that always stays there and brings boys back everytime with no issues
    Also have a Thai friend that stayed there last week - and he much preferred it over the Tarntawan (and he had no problem taking farang guests back!!)
    I was staying there in the past many years. They have been very homophobe with their men in black from the security. May be they changed their mind. In this times i had boyfriend and we have been checked in together and every night we came back we had a gala show with the security. After i was once speaking so noisy all the lobby was looking they never pestered us again.
    A hotel i never will stay again.
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

Liked

It all seems very simple to me. Some hotels have strong ID security and some don't. You certainly have plenty of choices. To avoid unpleasant surprises, all you have to do is first check with the hotel before committing to a booking. I don't see what the big problem is.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com