Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Greek Odyssey

Re: A Greek Odyssey

Meanwhile Christine Lagarde keeps bleating about how it's Greece's last chance. She probably thought the same about Sepp Blatter and we all know how that turned out.

I was able to indulge in one of my favourite activities this morning. Going down to breakfast, the lift stopped at several floors to collect new passengers. At one the door opened to reveal a young woman deeply engrossed in her mobile phone. The lift passengers all stood there very quietly, looking at each other and trying not to giggle. The doors then closed and we were on our way again. I wonder how long she waited.

I thought the sex parties I've been attending here in Athens were pretty hardcore, but not, apparently, as hardcore as what certain Australians get up to. Speaking of Australians I can use Jonah's favourite statistical measure again - Average Weekly Earnings.

Australia's minimum wage was re-set yesterday; the re-set puts the annual increase at 2.5%. As the Australian Council of United Tradies (ACUNT) points out, Average Weekly Earnings have increased by 2.8% in the same period

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    I was able to indulge in one of my favourite activities this morning
    How easily pleased you are. If travelling in a lift is one of your favourite activities I suppose you have an orgasm on an escalator?

Liked

I was able to indulge in one of my favourite activities this morning. Going down to breakfast, the lift stopped at several floors to collect new passengers. At one the door opened to reveal a young woman deeply engrossed in her mobile phone. The lift passengers all stood there very quietly, looking at each other and trying not to giggle. The doors then closed and we were on our way again. I wonder how long she waited.
    And you see Kommie, that's the whole problem with religion too you see! The religious folk believe God created the earth (Perhaps he did) for mankind, which doesn't add up because the earth and indeed the universe which made this whole "earth" thing possible existed billions of years before man. It's like discovering a continent people are already living on.

So, while you think the world revolves around you (like those religious folk do), I'm sure she just reached over and pressed the button for the next elevator. Who know? Perhaps that call was more important than riding that elevator down with you.

Have you ever been to Brisbane?

Surfcrest

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    Have you ever been to Brisbane?
    "Ever"? I was a visiting professor at UQ quite recently.

... while you think the world revolves around you ...
    You and Jonah both. I was going to say I credit you with more intelligence but that would be a lie.

Liked

I was going to say I credit you with more intelligence but that would be a lie.
    Well, we wouldn't want to spoil that perfect record either...would we?

Surfcrest

I was going to say I credit you with more intelligence but that would be a lie.
    Well, we wouldn't want to spoil that perfect record either...would we?
    D'accord

Liked

I was a visiting professor at UQ quite recently.
    Yeah, right! If that were true it would be an insult to the university.

Why would they allow a "professor" to visit from an educational institution which, by your own admission, employs staff who are so stupid they can't even "tie their own shoelaces"?

There's a code phrase in our Common Room "I'm off for a bit of NST" which refers to the need for one or other of us to go assist the shoelace tying requirements of our colleague, N.
    Kommie, you're full if it. You really are!

And to be so easily amused by someone not getting into a lift - to the point where you would actually make a post about it on this board - is an indictment of the sad and empty life you must lead. It's a common theme throughout your posts.

So, are you really in Greece, or are you using Tor to hide the fact that you haven't left England?

Lift Girl was at it again this evening. Paying more attention to your phone than what's going on around you is becoming a significant cause of pedestrian deaths in the First World. Having inattentive people suddenly stop on the footpath in front of people because they're posting to Facebook or similar nonsense is an increasing social ill.

I know Jonah will quote this out of context (a favourite posting habit) but here's a U.S. attorney's view http://www.johngarveylaw.com/Articles/A ... ians.shtml