Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: New U Hotel off Sathorn

Forum's veteran
    Liked

New U Hotel off Sathorn

Well, it's newish having opened in December, part of the U Group which has hotels on Sukhumvit 49, Phuket and Chiang Mai amongst other locations. I noticed an ad which claimed it was off Sathorn Soi 1 and so decided to investigate.

It is in fact a good 150 - 200 meters from Soi 1. You turn right when you get to Ngamduplee, then left after about 60 meters or so and it's set on the right side about 100 meters along. A road I have only once before walked through and where I'd never expect a hotel. The location is really quiet and since the hotel is quite new, they are offering introductory rates at Bt. 2,499 тАУ but itтАЩs hard to find dates when that rate is available on their website. Having seen it pretty empty on my walk through, I suspect a phone call will obtain even better rates. Agoda has rooms at US$90.42 for 2 including tax, wifi and breakfast.

The hotel is low rise and set around a pool garden. From the website, the rooms look lovely. It is quite a hike to Lumpini MRT station, though, and I can't imagine taxis are plentiful in that area, especially at rush hour. But if you are looking for a more resort type hotel that is not too far from the nightlife, it might be worth considering.

The good thing about the U hotels is that you are guaranteed 24-hour room stays. So if you arrive at 11:00pm, you can check out at 11pm.

http://www.uhotelsresorts.com/usathornbangkok/

Liked

Re: New U Hotel off Sathorn

I walked past a few times, noticed it but could already see from the entrance area that it's above my budget.

That very quiet soi is a short cut from Suan Plu to Sri Bam Pen (actually the distance is the same, but there is much less traffic and if I bring a boy from Suan Plu area, I use this way so I don't have walk past the 7/11 near Malaysia and parade my date where predatory sex tourists could see us).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    (actually the distance is the same, but there is much less traffic and if I bring a boy from Suan Plu area, I use this way so I don't have walk past the 7/11 near Malaysia and parade my date where predatory sex tourists could see us).
    You should do a blog post on this so we'd know what to watch out for!
    I've been more worried about stepping in dog turd, especially at night.

Surfcrest

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    . . . I use this way so I don't have walk past the 7/11 near Malaysia and parade my date where predatory sex tourists could see us).
    Parade my date! You make it sound like a catwalk.

Which it may well be, the standard of farang men around that area being such it wouldn't be hard to tease them with a dose of eye-popping.

Liked

Back to the U Hotel.

The 'Ur' dining experience: (copied from their website, supplied by the OP).

U Sathorn Bangkok offers guests a superb choice of enticing fare to cater for all tastes, with menus created under the superlative guidance and conception of Burgundy native Jean-Michel Lorain, the holder of Michelin Star.

JтАЩAIME by Jean-Michel Lorain at U Sathorn Bangkok is destined to becoming a talking point among BangkokтАЩs gastronomes with its fresh and unique approach to eating out in a city with a gamut of first-class dining establishments to choose from.

Conceived and created by Michelin Star recipient Jean-Michel Lorain with the kitchen being run under the watchful and exacting eye of Amerigo Sesti, who has trained with Jean-Michel and some of the most renowned chefs in the world, JтАЩAIME brings a new element to meals by combining the very best in both innovative and classic French cuisine with the comfortable and cosseting service of the shared Asian table, giving families and friends the chance to sample a number of the delightful dishes on offer.

The JтАЩAIME experience is not simply limited to the wide range of enticing fare available. The moment you walk in the door to be warmly greeted by Ma├оtre dтАЩ and Jean-MichelтАЩs daughter Marine Lorain the ambiance and exclusivity of J-AIMEтАЩs unique тАЬupside downтАЭ interior design concept and intimate feel of the restaurant guarantees a dining experience like no other.

JтАЩAIME is the first restaurant of its kind in the world and Jean-MichelтАЩs first foray into Asia, creating a signature experience to be remembered.