Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
. . . I even carry a 4-banger on-the-road as many Thai-style cheapo hotel rooms ~ which we frequently use ~ have one socket per room . . .
Interesting post Smiles, I thought I was the only person to take a three or four socket extension lead (as we call them in the UK) when I stay at cheap hotels in Thailand. The first time I found myself on all fours, as you did, looking for spare sockets, or not being able to run my computer cable or a mobile telephone charger from a badly placed socket I decided to bring my own extension lead on my future travels.

But I go one or two steps further and also take a travel kettle, green tea bags, a cup, a bowl, breakfast cereal, a spoon and a sharp knife for cutting fruit on my travels. IтАЩve found that all of these items come in very handy. They are easy to carry when using a taxi or a car from my condo to whatever Hua Hin or Pattaya hotel I am visiting. I clearly wouldnтАЩt carry those items from country to country or when flying to other parts of Thailand, well not all of them.