Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Welcome Plaza Hotel

Liked

Welcome Plaza Hotel

For many years (as far back as 1999) I always stayed at the Welcome Plaza as it was so central for BT, the room tariff was very good, bellboys were fun to joke with, and never a joiner charge etc...

But gradually the rooms became progessively tatty (the bathrooms being the worst with mould on the grouting and seals - and leaking ceiling, toilet bowl, and bath making the floor positively dangerous)

So...I decamped to Sansuk guesthouse and latterly the Mercure.

Good news!! Apparently a re-vamp has taken place and the rooms look really good, according to:

http://www.welcomeplazahotelpattaya....etail/Superior

The prices are still very good value and I am considering trying WP again on my next trip - in early 2016 (no doubt MiniMee will now cream in his dry goods).

So, my question is - does anybody know (or can do a reconnaisance to find out) if ALL the rooms have been refurbished or just a few. Also I notice that there is a solitary image of the bathrooms and it's pretty inconclusive, so....have they done the bathrooms?

Yes, I know I could send an email - but I have no confidence that the reply would reflect reality.

If anybody has stayed there recently or if there is someone in Pattaya with time on their hands who could take a look......it would be very helpful.

Liked

Re: Welcome Plaza Hotel

Welcome Plaza was the first hotel I stayed at in Pattaya, and I enjoyed it for the first couple of visits. As you say, standards declined over the years, so I moved on to other places. The room in the link you provided looks quite spartan to me, but I always enjoyed the pool area (and the couple of cute guys who worked there). I'd be interested to hear what it's like now, but it would take a lot to move me away from Mosaik, since I spend most of my time in Sunee.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Those rooms look really bland. I don't eve see a TV.

Liked

certainly there is a lot of empty space in the room category linked. There is no indication in the amenities list of a TV in those rooms. But the higher categories do have tvs and look more balanced.

Liked

I have to agree, both the standard and superior rooms look a little spartan. However there is one advantage and that's fewer places for the mosquitoes to hide. There is a TV in some of the pictures of the standard room although it's not easy to see.

Liked

Space in a room suits me just fine - I far prefer it to some places I have stayed where I have struggled to get past the furniture.

What's important to me when in Thailand, is general location and (as far as the room is concerned), no cockroach- friendly carpeting. So, I'm quite happy with what I see in the photos.

Similarly, whilst I am sure there WILL be a TV in all rooms, it is of no interest to me whatsoever. If I wanted to watch TV, I'd stay at home! If I want to keep up to date with the news from home then I'll use internet sources which are far more truthful than the UK mainstream media.

So, taking my preferences into account and with the very attractive room pricing, it seems likely that I'll just book up at the WP for next year and take my chances. WP do not ask for any advance payment, so if the room is not as I hope for I'll just move on.

Liked

Be sure to post your arrival date and time so that MiniMee can be there to greet you :ymhug:

Liked

I'm fairly easy to spot coming out of the Arrivals hall, Joe:

[attachment=0:3rw721fp]2.jpg[/attachment:3rw721fp]

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/vau...ya-t20154.html

Liked

Ah NOW I remember you