Thanks very much morse for your comments on Club61 Male Massage Spa. IтАЩd never been to this establishment and I donтАЩt think IтАЩd even heard of it before, or maybe IтАЩd just forgotten reading about it on the forum.

So given your report, I thought IтАЩd give it a try. For those members who havenтАЩt already been, Club61 Male Massage Spa can be found at 28/11 Sukumvit Soi 61. The nearest Sky train station, as morse said above, is BTS Ekkamai. Take Exit 1 and walk past Soi 63 and itтАЩs the next soi. It is on the right-hand side, a few 100 metres up the soi, just past The Address apartment block.

The size and layout reminded me of Jey Spa, on Sukumvit Soi 41, where I had quite a few memorable massages. I thought it had closed, but checked out their website as I was drafting this post and see that it is still active and shows photos of 7 masseurs, none of whom, I must say, appeal to me.

Anyway, back to Club61. There were six masseurs available when I called, around 06:30pm, only two of whom I found attractive. But before I entered the massage parlour I was determined to choose a masseur even if I didnтАЩt initially find him attractive. I read elsewhere that a member here did exactly that at Hero and was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of both parts of the massage experience.

I chose a one hour cream massage at a cost of 700 baht. I was told that the minimum tip for the masseur is 1,000 baht. I have yet to visit a massage joint where the minimum tip is less than 1,000 baht.

The room was quite large with a toilet and shower en-suite. IтАЩve never seen a toilet en suite before in a massage room. The boy left the room and I showered. He then returned, proceeded to have a pee in the toilet and did not shower. Oooh . . . I didnтАЩt like that one bit. And when did he last have a shower I wondered? ItтАЩs the first time a masseur has not showered after me.

He asked me what type of massage I wanted тАУ a pleasurable one, I was about to reply, but instead I said, тАЬNot too hardтАЭ as I think that was the type of answer he expected.

IтАЩm no expert on massage technique, but it felt very professional and made me feel very relaxed. And the background music helped to induce that dream like state which adds to the experience. But тАШpart oneтАЩ did seem to carry on for some considerable time and reminded me of the non-sexual massages I had when I first started holidaying in Thailand. I was beginning to wonder if he thought I didnтАЩt want to move on to тАШpart twoтАЩ. There was no body-to-body massage which IтАЩve become accustomed to and which I enjoy very much. Rightly or wrongly I now feel disappointed when it doesnтАЩt happen.

My thoughts started drifting off on to the time and I wondered how much time we had left? Ah-ha, then he asked me to turn over and he stood by the side of the table and brushed past my hand thereby signalling that we were, at last, moving on to the second half. Things then proceeded swiftly as he judged correctly what I liked. He reached a тАШhappy endingтАЩ very quickly and I was not too far behind. Perhaps this is part of the technique, to keep you simmering under the surface, then bring you to the boil very quickly.

Following my previous bad experience at The Prince, IтАЩve decided it is better not to expect the masseur to join me in the shower afterwards and not feel disappointed. So I wasnтАЩt surprised when he went off to shower alone. At least it gave me a few minutes just to relax and recover. After he finished showering he left the room while I showered. He then returned as I was getting dressed. We exchanged a few pleasantries, then it became obvious that I was expected to tip him in the room and not at the reception.

It wasnтАЩt a particularly great experience, IтАЩve had much better elsewhere and I thought all he deserved was the 1,000 baht minimum tip. Oh dear, I think he was expecting more. Well, had there been body-to-body massage, had he showered with me at the end, had there been a bit more erotic/ sexual content to the massage then yes, I would have paid him 500 baht extra. But I really didnтАЩt think he deserved it.

Would I return? As it wasnтАЩt exactly a great experience I would say, not any day soon, but I wouldnтАЩt write it off completely. At the end of the day, I think I prefer massage joints with a greater selection of more attractive masseurs, places where they do body-to-body massage and where there is a greater erotic content to the massage. Of course, it is entirely possible that if I were to return and choose a different masseur I could have a better experience. ThatтАЩs why I said I wonтАЩt write it off.

Finally, their website, with photos of 14 masseurs can be found at http://www.club61malemassage.com