Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TAKE CARE!! fundrasing dinner at Bruno's

Liked

TAKE CARE!! fundrasing dinner at Bruno's

We are pleased to announce a scrumptious TAKE CARE!! fundraising dinner at Bruno's Restaurant and Wine Bar on Monday 9 March 2015 at 7:30 ... details are on the attached flyer ... plan for a great meal at a 5-star venue for a truly good cause ... win win for all ... for booking be sure to text Bruno's at 08-1861-5612 or book in person when you are next there ... hope to see you there.

TAKE CARE!!

Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

Re: TAKE CARE!! fundrasing dinner at Bruno's

So I was wondering how much of the not cheap 900 Baht was actually donated to this cause?

Liked

Im with you there , when they say a %of the profits, how much and what %, goes to the cause

Liked

I'm sure they'll give us a full reply and have it confirmed by Takecare. It must have been a good amount because the menu is made up of the cheapest ingredients. Mushrooms, scrag end of lamb and yogurt.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    ... scrag end of lamb ...
    That bit's missing from the menu as displayed. Which dish is it a part of?

Liked

Kommie: Lamb shanks and scrag end are the same in that they are only good for stewing being sinewy, tough and the cheapest bits.

Kommie: Lamb shanks and scrag end are the same in that they are only good for stewing being sinewy, tough and the cheapest bits.
    No! You don't say!! So, returning to the question I actually asked, where is the lamb dish on the menu?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    No! You don't say!! So, returning to the question I actually asked, where is the lamb dish on the menu?
    Certainly interesting that people who cannot afford to dine at Bruno's put shit into a fundraising dinner. From memory it is the same suspects that can be relied on to ask "what percentage" yet again, every fundraiser. I feel tempted to ask what donations they make to any charities let alone AIDS related. Maybe they will donate whatever portion that Brunos make, as a donation

36 hours slow cooked pork neck is being dismissed as poor house tucker. I am positive the meal as prepared by Bruno's chefs will be a great meal. Looks superb and great value.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Please find the following full financial report regarding the TAKE CARE!! fundraising dinner held at BrunoтАЩs Restaurant on Monday, 9 March 2015:

Paid attendance тАУ 26

INCOME
    TAKE CARE!! portion of cost of meal тАУ- 26 x 220 baht == 5,720 baht
    Donations at or before event -тАУ 10,800 baht
    Total INCOME -- 16,520 baht

EXPENSES
    Printing of poster for display -- 400 baht
    Photocopying of poster for handouts тАУ- 300 baht
    Total EXPENSES -тАУ 700 baht

GRAND TOTAL RAISED тАУ 15,820 baht

Special thanks to the management of BrunoтАЩs Restaurant, to all in attendance, varied supporters of the advertising for the event and to the TAKE CARE!! Fundraising Committee.

If you wish to contribute to the support of the HIV/AIDS prevention efforts of TAKE CARE!! you can contribute through the PAY PAL button on the TAKE CARE!! website -- takecarepattaya.com, get in touch through email to arrange a face-to-face at -- takecarepattaya@yahoo.com -- or stop by our regular monthly meeting at Sansuk Sauna on the third Monday of each month at 6:00 pm.

Thanks to all for the continuing support, TAKE CARE!!

Liked

Kommie. My mistake. I mixed up lamb with pork. Apologies to all concerned. However in terms of cost the cuts are of similar quality. The amount raised was inded a good amount. Perhaps next time the advertising poster could be less opaque about exactly how much is being donated.