Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boys without ID

Liked

Re: Boys without ID

I've only ever stayed at the Ambiance and Don/Elephant Plaza over the years and the guy has always been asked to leave his ID at the front desk.

Over the past few years I've just spent my holiday with one guy, rather than off a different guy every night. But even so, the Ambiance still asked for the ID card even though I was bringing the same guy back every night and he was friends with some of the staff there. At the Elephant Plaza, the guy I'm with is well known to the manager and staff and he spends a lot of time in the hotel with me, so they no longer keep his ID card at reception. However, they do have a photocopy of it under the counter.

I think the bar owners have a lot to answer for here. Surely,if as a business they are employing guys for us to take back to the hotel and are willing to take an off fee, then it's up the them to ensure that the guy has an ID. He could insist that the non-Thais bring their passports to the bar every night. No passport, no work for the night.

I got caught out a few times in the early days when the guys I offed didn't have ID cards and the hotel wouldn't let them in, even though they were clearly over 18. I'd just go back to the bar and ask for a refund of the off fee and look for someone else. After that, I got into the habit of asking the guys at the beginning whether or not they had an ID card and that solved the problem.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

as far as I can recall every hotel I have stayed in Pattaya/BKK have alsways asked for the "boys" ID, the beer ones even ring me after thr boy has left and wnts his ID to check that all is good before they hand it back. So guess is serves two purposes (1) ensuring that they are not supporting paedophilia and (2) that their guests are safe.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    This is an attack.
    As are your posts in this thread. Gaybutton posts information which would be of interest to any relatively new visitor and you proceed to attack it . Whilst having nothing useful to say yourself.
    Therefore, it seems the sole purpose of your post is to attack.

Liked

That's two problems I don't have: I haven't asked a boy for ID for a while and I stay in places that don't require ID when you bring back guests.

Liked

I don't recall any of my guests being asked for ID since i stayed in Tarntawan on one of my first visits at the turn of the millenium!
    I have seen planty of signs saying that "guests must register with security/reception" in the places I stay... but have never seen it being enforced...

Maybe its the low class places that i stay!

Edit: Or it could be the time of morning that I usually return from carousing!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Two issues here: the hotel not letting your guest in without an ID - do not know about PTY - stayed at a condo and nobody cared. BKK - different, from very strict registration to nobody cares.
    This issue though could be more relevant to those who like very young looking men - it is in self interest of those punters to check on ID and make sure they do not run the unnecessary risks.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U
    Every Pattaya hotel I have stayed at had an ID check(Flamingo, Mosik, Ambience, Yensabai Condo, Poseidon). The only place that didn't was the old Paradise I nn years ago.
    Yes there are many Pattaya establishments offering accommodation which do have an ID check. My point was that many do not and therefore not an issue with every single off to have an ID. Even my experience at some of the same establishments as you differs. At the Flamingo I was never required to have a boy give an ID unless I wanted them to, sometimes I did, but they never insisted. Mosaik do not have a reception area therefore no ID check. Even the Ambiance when I stayed there during my first few visits in 2000 did not have ID check. I stayed in the suites above (now copa) opposite the main hotel and boys came and went without ID checks. Baan Dok Mai and other places I do/have stayed in Pattaya did not have evening reception. I can only give examples of my own experiences, I realise others will have different. Again I was just showing how a boy not having an ID is not always a bar to him getting offed.[/quote]

Jaap the manager at the old Flamingo would not be happy that Thai visitors did not go through an id check. I know Jaap and that has always been official hotel policy, and have seen him get in nasty verbal confrontations about the policy. When I stayed at the Mosik, we used a pass card and the night security checked ids. I found the Ambiance great in knowing the difference between my bf and visiting bar boys and reception probably knows them by name. In Bangkok, the Tarntawan, the little guest house by Chong Nongsi BTS(forgot the name), Pinnacle all have visitor's policies. I don't know about the Malaysia. I am sure small guesthouses, lacking in night reception or security are very popular with some people.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U
    I don't know about the Malaysia.
    I do. The Malaysia requires an ID. They hold it at the front desk until the boy is ready to leave. If the boy doesn't have an ID, they won't let him past the front desk. I really don't know whether they check with you first, before giving the boy his ID back, to make sure everything is ok because I always accompany the boy to the front desk and personally let them know the boy can have his ID back.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

Even I have to leave my ID at Malaysia front desk! I regularly visit a Farang friend there. Last year I could just walk past, but then my friend got sick so I asked reception to call him if he fine to see me, from that point on they knew I'm not a guest, but a visitor. Sometimes I can sneak through (they are on the look out for locals, not Farang). When I leave, reception calls him and then I get my ID back.

Liked

Without knowing how much of a prostitute you look, Christian, we can't form a valid opinion on how appropriately or otherwise the Malaysia Hotel's policy is being applied to you.