Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boys without ID

Liked

Boys without ID

Im beginning to get annoyed at the number of boys without any form of ID. They seem to be in the majority nowadays!.

Yesterday I wanted to off a boy form a new busy Gogo Bar in Sunee and sure enough no IDCard. Was told he was from Laos...OK... what about a Passport then. No have.

And this was the second time in the same bar.

Ive now got to the satge of asking if a boy has ID even before offering a drink, its that bad.

And its not just Sunnee, its all over.

Whats going on? Are the People Traffickers holding onto their ID?!

Liked

Re: Boys without ID

Quote Originally Posted by egel
    Yesterday I wanted to off a boy form a new busy Gogo Bar in Sunee and sure enough no IDCard. Was told he was from Laos...OK... what about a Passport then. No have.
    Many Cambodian and Laotian boys are working in the bars, both go-go bars and beer bars. If the boy of your interest happens to be one of them, there is no ID card for him to produce. Many farang refuse to carry their actual passport with them. Why should the boys be any different? I doubt human traffickers have anything to do with it. The boys are free to come and go as they please.

The bars are all supposed to keep copies of their employees IDs. Of course, since it is technically illegal for foreign boys to be working in the bars, the bar might not be keeping any records of them, but it can't hurt to ask.

I'm surprised the boys of your interest didn't have at least some form of acceptable ID. Without it, if a customer takes him off, how is he supposed to enter the customer's hotel? Most hotels won't let a boy past the front desk without leaving an ID there. You might ask the boy how he expects to be able to enter your hotel without any ID.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

I quite like meeting Laos boys, as they usually carry a passport with a large clear photo and passports are more difficult to forge.
    They have been quite discrete at showing the document.

Has something changed, or are you just getting unlucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton
    You might ask the boy how he expects to be able to enter your hotel without any ID.
    And make sure you get him to explain it to you in clear English while not losing face at the same time.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by egel
    Ive now got to the satge of asking if a boy has ID even before offering a drink, its that bad.
    Can fully understand your frustration, especially after buying drinks. There is no excuse for a Thai not to have ID, unless of course they are not of legal age. Certainly if you want to be sure you can't be blamed for asking about ID before inviting for a drink. The rise in numbers of non-thai workers to fill the bars all over Pattaya and Jomtien clearly do have negatives. I don't off boys from the bars to take back for sex nowadays as I have bf, but sometimes will take for fun to the clubs, if inviting a boy for that then he knows already that 20 year old ID is required to get in.

I would be questioning the bar owners to get to the facts, esp if it happened twice in a bar.

Many Cambodian and Laotian boys are working in the bars, both go-go bars and beer bars.
    Wow really?? what a font of knowledge you are, Cambodian and Lao boys working in Thai bars, who'd have guessed.

If the boy of your interest happens to be one of them, there is no ID card for him to produce
    And how do YOU know that is a fact. I know many Lao boys WITH passports, as "goji" has experienced, no better an ID than that given the main purpose of the ID is to confirm age, so your claim is simply untrue.

Many farang refuse to carry their actual passport with them. Why should the boys be any different?
    What has this got to do with anything? Farang do not NEED a passport to off a boy from a bar, a farang does not NEED to prove his age to off a boy, but a working boy DOES that's why the boys 'should be any' different.

The boys are free to come and go as they please.
    I very much doubt Lao and Cambodian boys are 'free' to come and go as THEY please, they can 'come and go' until caught, then they are not free.

Without it, if a customer takes him off, how is he supposed to enter the customer's hotel? Most hotels won't let a boy past the front desk without leaving an ID there. You might ask the boy how he expects to be able to enter your hotel without any ID.
    In Pattaya the only hotel/guesthouse establishment I stayed in, ever to request a boy's ID, was the old Flamingo and even then it was up to me whether they gave it or not. In 15 years visiting Pattaya I have never personally had an establishment insist on a boys ID. Expat farangs will have their own room, many holidaymakers stay in guesthouses or apartments like Mosaik where there is no reception. That's how he is supposed to enter a customers room. It is up to where you stay.

Not everybody who offs a boy stays in an establishment which insists on a boy showing ID. I would imagine that customers like 'egel' who insist and require to see ID cover only a percentage of potential offs for bar boys, so in many cases they will get offed whether they have ID or not. Some without ID might be happy enough just to work for bar tips and drink commission, from the reports of Eros that's how many of their staff make their living...in the bar, so no need for IDs in many cases.

Liked

Ok, newalaan2, you want me to respond to those?

1. Font of knowledge: A stupid attempt to ridicule a simple comment that was perfectly appropriate to the post.

2. I know many Lao boys WITH passports: So do I. A passport is not an ID card. My font of knowledge has taught me that a Thai ID card is a little different from a passport.

3. What has this got to do with anything: That's pretty good coming from someone who in the same post says places where he stays don't ask for a boy's ID.

4. I very much doubt Lao and Cambodian boys are 'free' to come and go as THEY please: Wrong. Take a look at their passports. They have visas valid for them to be in Thailand. They're not valid for them to work, but they are perfectly free to come and go as they please any time they want.

5. In Pattaya the only hotel/guesthouse establishment I stayed in....: I repeat - Most hotels do require a boy to leave his ID at the front desk if a farang wants to take him to his room. I don't know where you've been staying, but I don't know of any hotels that don't require it. You wrote, "Expat farangs will have their own room, many holidaymakers stay in guesthouses or apartments like Mosaik where there is no reception." What a font of knowledge YOU are, who'd have guessed? Meanwhile, I'm talking about hotels, not expats with their own places or people staying in a guesthouse or an apartment.

Any more questions you want to ask?

Liked

Every Pattaya hotel I have stayed at had an ID check(Flamingo, Mosik, Ambience, Yensabai Condo, Poseidon). The only place that didn't was the old Paradise I nn years ago.

Liked

you want me to respond to those?
    No!...... Oh you did already.

A stupid attempt
    This is an attack.

2. I know many Lao boys WITH passports: So do I. A passport is not an ID card. My font of knowledge has taught me that a Thai ID card is a little different from a passport.
    I did not say a passport was an ID card. But in terms of stating a boys age it is not any different. A Thai ID states the owners age, a Lao passport does the same. I clearly noted I was referring to age proof.

3. That's pretty good
    Thank you.

4. I very much doubt Lao and Cambodian boys are 'free' to come and go as THEY please: Wrong. Take a look at their passports. They have visas valid for them to be in Thailand. They're not valid for them to work, but they are perfectly free to come and go as they please any time they want.
    Wrong...If there is a raid at their bar and they get caught that is an instance where they are NOT free to come and go, passport or not and it's boys working in bars which is the subject matter. But I was mainly referring to the one's who do NOT have passports. Obviously. Or are you now stating that you know for certain every Lao and Cambodian boy working in bars has a passport.

5. Meanwhile, I'm talking about hotels, not expats with their own places or people staying in a guesthouse or an apartment.
    Meanwhile you can talk about what you want, you asked if he does not have an ID how can a customer take him off, i gave examples where he CAN be taken off even without an ID. I also gave examples of hotels I have stayed in which did not insist on ID checks.

Any more questions you want to ask?
    What do you mean...any more?.... I didn't 'ask' any of you in the first place, why would I need to?

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U
    Every Pattaya hotel I have stayed at had an ID check(Flamingo, Mosik, Ambience, Yensabai Condo, Poseidon). The only place that didn't was the old Paradise I nn years ago.
    Yes there are many Pattaya establishments offering accommodation which do have an ID check. My point was that many do not and therefore not an issue with every single off to have an ID. Even my experience at some of the same establishments as you differs. At the Flamingo I was never required to have a boy give an ID unless I wanted them to, sometimes I did, but they never insisted. Mosaik do not have a reception area therefore no ID check. Even the Ambiance when I stayed there during my first few visits in 2000 did not have ID check. I stayed in the suites above (now copa) opposite the main hotel and boys came and went without ID checks. Baan Dok Mai and other places I do/have stayed in Pattaya did not have evening reception. I can only give examples of my own experiences, I realise others will have different. Again I was just showing how a boy not having an ID is not always a bar to him getting offed.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    you can talk about what you want
    That's the one thing you have right.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

newalaan2 wrote:

In Pattaya the only hotel/guesthouse establishment I stayed in, ever to request a boy's ID, was the old Flamingo and even then it was up to me whether they gave it or not. In 15 years visiting Pattaya I have never personally had an establishment insist on a boys ID.
    Then newalaan2 wrote:

Yes there are many Pattaya establishments offering accommodation which do have an ID check. My point was that many do not and therefore not an issue with every single off to have an ID.
    I think that's what some would refer to as "Double-Talking".

But in any case, most hotels in hot spots like PTY and BKK do require I.D's.

The majority of boys from Laos and Cambodia you see working the scene are there of their own free will - not the result of human trafficing as you suggest and the ones I've cum across (sp?) have the same I'D's and passports they used to cross the border into Thailand.