Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRANSFERS TO PATTAYA

Liked

TRANSFERS TO PATTAYA

I'm a little confused by a note on the Copa hotel site - airport to hotel saloon 1,900 ghat - minibus - 2,700 bhat. In the US we never use the term saloon - I thought that was a private sedan and a minibus might be shared - but the price is higher. Can anyone clear this up? or tell me the best way ( private ) to get to Pattaya - I have no desire to take a bus

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: TRANSFERS TO PATTAYA

My personal choice - either walk out the door of the airport and simply get a public taxi or if the times suit your arrival theres a comfortable luxury coach that leaves directly from the airport straight to pattaya which is fine too - or if all else fails an airport Limo, personally I begrudge the hotels their fee as all they're usually doing it calling up on of the same limo or taxi services anyway in my experience and charging you extra for the pleasure.

Liked

airport limo? is that booked inside the arrival lounge?

Liked

Saloon is the British-ism for a sedan like a Toyota Camry.

1900b one way is too much. I usually use TheLimoPattaya.com and their rate is 1200b one way. I've always had good service with them. The cars range a little bit in age and condition but most have been new-ish Toyotas or Hondas. They provide you with cold water and the drivers have always been pretty safe and careful in my experience.

Liked

Go to: saloons

OR ... a place where old decrepit perverts drink beer with their breakfasts.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn
    I'm a little confused by a note on the Copa hotel site - airport to hotel saloon 1,900 ghat - minibus - 2,700 bhat. In the US we never use the term saloon - I thought that was a private sedan and a minibus might be shared - but the price is higher. Can anyone clear this up? or tell me the best way ( private ) to get to Pattaya - I have no desire to take a bus
    Easily explained with the help of Khun Google:
    Best Answer: Same thing. In UK "saloon" was used for the same type of car as "sedan" in North America.
    Or, why not ask Copa?

Liked

Of course the one advantage you have when booking a hotel taxi, especially if going to the airport. If it doesn't show up it is the hotels problem to solve.

Liked

Absolutely. With a morning flight to catch, I prefer to pay the extra for security. The Ambiance now charges 1800 and the limo is of good quality- certainly preferable to the taxis I use from both BKK airports.
    By the way, the Don Muang taxis now use the metre rather than a standard price for Pattaya....it worked out a little more expensive for Boyztown a few weeks ago.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn
    airport limo? is that booked inside the arrival lounge?
    Yes, there's an airport limo desk inside arrivals, dead easy, no fuss or hassle, I would use that just if I were you.

Liked

Here are two reputable, reliable and safe taxi services:

Lek' sTaxi Service which features a new SUV for comfort and safety. 087-1288699
    email: rlekgrub@hotmail.com

Sit's Taxi Service +66 89 7848269 from outside Thailand; 089-7848269 in Thailand
    You can SMS Mr. Sit and he will respond and confirm bookings.

Both are competitive in price to other services with similar vehicles.

PS- As a word of warning, some taxi service try to "poach" customers at BKK Airport by copying the signs of your scheduled driver and deceive you. So, if you see a driver with a sign, MR. FARANG, do question him as to your destination or name of the taxi service.