List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retirement Visa Renewals Taking Longer?

Liked

Re: Retirement Visa Renewals Taking Longer?

Extension of stay for tourist visa yesterday (barely missed Jellybean) took longer than before.

Arrive 13:36 at immigration, get copies downstairs (yes, a few meters away, but no problem for me), fill out form, receive ticket 13:56, 43 persons waiting. From my notes from last year I can estimate it will take over 2 hours, enough time for lunch downstairs. Hand in documents 16:22-27. Receive passport back 16:37.

(Note: passport copies have to be signed and immigration officers check your address carefully.)

Return by bus 166 (aircon 18 Baht, leaves bus station at government center 16:57, takes expressway, arrives Victory Monument 18:03).

Liked

Re: Retirement Visa Renewals Taking Longer?

At Immigration in Jomtien/Pattaya the retirement visa process took less than 10 minutes. I was given a number to return next day to pick up passport which took just a few minutes. Then applied for a re-entry permit which took perhaps 40 minutes. The electronic signs were not operational so had to listen carefully for your number to be called. The new arrangement of counters was more efficient than the past configuration. My feeling was better to come in the afternoon since most people arrive early morning. But who knows?