Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Questions - FAQ

Liked

Questions - FAQ

I'm guessing there is one but I couldn't find a questions/FAQ section here. I did read the overview on Nicky's page of Sunee but it doesn't really have the pertinent facts I'm looking for. I hope you'll be patient with such basic questions.

Limit it just to Sunee if it's easier. What does a night look like from entering the door to exiting?

* What are the drink prices?
    * Are boy drink prices different?
    * Do you get approached or will you waive over a boy?
    * I caught a nice thread about tipping. I guess 100-300 depending
    * What is chuck-wow? (go ahead and laugh. I'm a newb. I'm sure it's Thai for a handjob or blowjob but just don't know)
    * What kind of fun is acceptable? Handjobs? Blowjobs? Him? You?
    * What is the bar fine to take a boy out of the bar to fuck?
    * What are the standard short-time, long-time donations?
    * Feel free to include such pertinent info for other venues in Patts.

Don't mean to offend but a little about me.
    Bi guy. Been to Pattaya many many times just not much experience in the gay scene. Into smooth, young and fresh.

Appreciate the experience from the ground and direct info. Thanks.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Questions - FAQ

All 3 Boards have had endless similar questions quite regularly.

Understandably new readers/visitors are keen to obtain such information, even if they don't bother to look back through previous threads. I know Surfcrest is keen to keep the number of forums to a minimum, but since there is already a Gay Romeo thread, might it not be useful also to have an FAQ one just to provide info for first-timers on go-go bar info and etiquette, to which could be added readers views on openings/closings, going tipping rates, entrance, drink and off prices - and so on? I realise Nicky's main site has some of the information but even it is out of date (drink prices in Soi Twilight, for example). BangkokBois also has a lot of useful info but it does require a great deal of reading.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by PatNewb
    * What are the drink prices?
    * Are boy drink prices different?
    * Do you get approached or will you waive over a boy?
    * I caught a nice thread about tipping. I guess 100-300 depending
    * What is chuck-wow? (go ahead and laugh. I'm a newb. I'm sure it's Thai for a handjob or blowjob but just don't know)
    * What kind of fun is acceptable? Handjobs? Blowjobs? Him? You?
    * What is the bar fine to take a boy out of the bar to fuck?
    * What are the standard short-time, long-time donations?
    I'm guessing you're talking about the go-go bars rather than the beer bars. My answers apply to the Sunee Plaza go-go bars. Others will have their own thoughts.

Drink prices and the extent to which "hands on" with the boys is acceptable depends on the bar and what the individual boys will tolerate. I can't speak for others, but in my opinion handjobs and blowjobs right in front of other boys and customers is not my idea of acceptable behavior, whether it's you or the boy who initiates it. If you want to go any further than minor "touchy-feely" and kissing, I hope you'll either do that in a private room or take the boy off and go to your hotel room.

Depending on the bar, you might get approached by some of the more aggressive boys, but as far as I can tell most will wait until you invite them before coming over to sit with you .

The average drink prices range between 100 to 140 baht. Again, boy drink prices will vary between the bars and might depend on what the boy wants to drink. An individual boy's drink will be around the same price you pay for your own drink.

If a boy simply sits with you, I tip 100 baht. If it goes beyond simply sitting with me, I would tip between 200 to 500 baht, depending on how far things go, but again I hope you will exercise appropriate public behavior.

Chuck-wow is the Thai word for masturbation.

Bar fine is the wrong term to use in the gay bars. That term is used primarily in the girlie and lady-boy bars. In the gay bars you don't 'bar fine' a boy. You 'off' a boy. The off fees in Sunee Plaza go-go bars are around 300 to 350 baht these days.

When you take a boy 'off," if he stays with you for 'short time,' meaning he leaves after you take care of the reasons you took him 'off' in the first place, the usual tip is 1000 baht or more. If he stays with you overnight, the usual tip is 1500 to 2000 baht. He will still expect the full tip no matter what else you may do, including dinners, buying things for him, or anything else.

I like your euphemism for tipping - "donation." I found a new euphemism, one I had never encountered before, that I just love for the goings on between farang and the boys - "compensated dating."
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

What kind of fun is acceptable depends a great deal on the bar you visit.Since you are a newbie I suggest you try out some of the Sunee bars and find out for yourself rather than have us divulge such privy info.

Acceptable behavior is cuddling, holding hands, sniff-kissing; unacceptable behavior is everything else I do.

"si fueris R┼Нmae, R┼Нm─Бn┼Н v─лvit┼Н m┼Нre; si fueris alib─л, v─лvit┼Н sicut ibi"
    St Ambrose

Oh, smoking cigarettes, cigars not acceptable behavior! Not tipping and sitting on hands is oh so gauche.

Liked

Smoking in bars is officially not permitted but widely practiced. Some bars do not allow it - in many both staff and customers can still smoke.

Liked

Mr Patnewb (your handle does not roll off the tongue easily. Are you Azerbaijani?), for my enlightenment, what is the/your meaning/concept of "fresh"?

"Donations"??

FYI: feeding the phrase 'off fee' into the search engine elicits 681 posts over 46 pages. However, price inflation always has it's say so I would suggest ignoring replies from around 2004 ~ to around 2009(?). The same goes for jacking-off, or as Gaybutton so daintily puts it, 'masturbation'.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

I appreciate the responses.

The pricing is interesting. In the girl bars lady drinks are a standard price no matter what's in the glass. Off fees are double in some cases and donations 1500 short time 2000 for long. Of course that's all negotiable and supplemented with tips for good service.

What goes on in the bars is usually a function of the bar. Correct me if wrong but that seems to be the case in Sunee too. Some bars are just known as diddling bars. If you go into Windmill you'll be invited to eat pussy at the bar and blowjobs are available at many bars. At Telephone sex on the couches with other punters is the norm. In Sunee it sounds like Eros has a reputation as more open than other bars. It sounds like chuck wow is common in all?

I know that straight and gay guys work in the clubs. Do you see a lot of difference when taking them off? Do you just ask them upfront?

Oh what time do things get rolling? I was in Sunee a couple times around 9pm and it was dead. From reading other trip reports it seems I was a bit early.

'Fresh' is the part I was striving not to be offensive. Take of that what you will. Anything else may be better in PM. I do find that this industry can be corrosive and I don't care for that hardened professional. I like guys and girls usually new to the industry and young. It's also how I approach it. I like to enjoy a guy. I'm not a user. I started young so it's remained my ideal but I'm open to a lot.

What other venues should I look at? I guess there are boy beer bars? I"d also be interested in a group experience.

Liked

This post is a little strange. No one can help you with these questions as everyone has different ideas about almost everything to do with Pattaya/Boystown/Sunnee. Go into a bar, if you like it have a drink, if not then leave. See a boy, if you like him, buy him a drink and take it from there.

Liked

There are only a few gogo bars in Sunee. Eros, Sunny Boys, Nice Boys, Krazy Dragon and Power Boys.
    a little fiddling or groping is common in all of those bars but anything more is pretty much up to the
    boy and the mamasan. i always cringe and feel embarrassed for the boy when some farang wants a
    quick taste of a boy's cock in public -- usually for far too little money IMO.
    Also Good Boys is a beer bar with a screened area where chuck wowing a samoking boys is common.
    All of the other beer bars are pretty tame and any mischief is discreet or taken off.