List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what ever happened to the gaylifeinthailand board ?

Liked

Re: what ever happened to the gaylifeinthailand board ?

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    Just read the attack on smiles and surfcrest on gaylifeinthailand forum.
    I just read it too. Part of his post says:

If I would choose a board to join, maybe GayThailand or Gay Button
    Since he did not leave the topic open for replies, I hope nobody minds if I reply here.

When 'Gay Life in Thailand' first came online, I was the first person to become a member and the first person who ever posted on that board. I congratulated him on his new board and wished him luck with it. I also wrote a supportive post on my own board.

Now that I've read the attack, which was an utterly stupid thing for him to do, my response is please don't do me any favors by joining my board. I neither want nor need board owners who use their board to attack others and along with the attack leave no way for anyone to respond.

The post included "The internet is for the YOUNG people like me". I didn't know that until now. I didn't know that reaching old age disqualifies people from using the internet. Now that I do know, I guess I'll have to contact my ISP and cancel out my ability to access the internet due to my age. I'll have to ask them to amend their sign-on policy so that it includes an age test. I don't know at precisely what age 'too old' begins. I'll have to leave it to the ISPs to come to a consensus on that.

The post also included "I could not resist after a friend informed me again about Sawatdee reply today." He should have resisted.

Any support I offered is now withdrawn. Attacking people because of their age and posting baseless accusations against Smiles or anyone else, in my opinion does absolutely nothing to make a board worthy of attracting members. As far as I'm concerned, it makes the person who submitted that attack post worthy only of our contempt.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

maybe I was wrong to open this new board, for young new people of my generation
    Yes, obviously you were. The board failed to attract any those young guys for whom the Internet was made (lol) and it died.

Get over it and move on to something more productive!

Liked

The owner of gaylifeinthailand is a dreamer and not a doer; he blames his failure on others and not himself but he, at least, tried.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Being an ageist shows rank stupidity. He desired to fail and no doubt will cry over
    the old men who destroyed his forum that never was..
    Maybe he can merge with Gaytingtong and make a go of it. 555

Liked

Gaytingtong, another forum which is on life-support by just one poster.

Liked

Three active boards works just fine. There is not much to be gained by knocking the weak ones, even if in some cases that's exactly what they deserve from their comments or policies.

Liked

It's fair to draw conclusions about the business sense of the gaylifeinthailand owner from the fact that he apparently allowed Mr Bernard to be involved in the project (to what extent, we shall probably never know).

In the circumstances and at the time, it's difficult to think of how he could have found a bigger kiss-of-death had he tried.

Now, since Surfy seems to be in revealing mode - for old time's sake can we also have the alternate identities of Timmberty and Uncle Albert please - I'm sure they stand by every word they posted and would have no issue being outed

If there's any doubt about that, I suspect at least one of them could be sent a PM. :ymparty:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Now, since Surfy seems to be in revealing mode - for old time's sake can we also have the alternate identities of Timmberty and Uncle Albert please - I'm sure they stand by every word they posted and would have no issue being outed
    First off, if the Board did gather information from members that allowed me to reveal anything about their true identity I would be bound to keep that information secure. I hold that ethic quite high and so I was very disappointed when the bitchboard published Timmberty's real name and a photo from facebook...I believe that is where Neal said he got it. Fortunately, that post went into deep outer space with all the other identities and lies when Neal pulled the plug and then later died.

Timmberty is banned from Sawatdee and I am not aware of him being here in any form after he was banned. I recall he was here as another name (Neal had banned him previously) as bnaibrit or something.

I have no way of knowing who Uncle Albert is....was. He was never a member here under that handle. He was smart enough never to mix the two boards up and so was never revealed during all of that. He was the most clever of the bunch in that respect.

Surfcrest

Liked

Apparently 'Gay Life in Thailand' has now been entirely removed from the Internet.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

Surfcrest, as I (think) I said - I'm not in the least interested in who Timmberty or Uncle Albert actually are, what I was asking (a little tongue-in-cheek) was what they called themselves on here whilst slagging us off elsewhere. Clearly you don't know, which is fair enough.

I think the timmberty ID you are struggling for was something like Britthai (combo of Brit and Thai) - I still have lots of screenshots I found necessary to take at the time.

#:-s