Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall
I haven't offed anyone for several years, but on a recent visit to Classic Boys drinks were 350. I asked before entering, refused to pay that amount and was told my first drink would be 250! So it clearly pays to haggle a little. I read in another thread that minimum tips in Bangkok are soon likely to hit 2,000 for short-time! This from Christianpfc who knoows a lot more about current pricing than I.
Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
I have heard/read about other bars in Soi Twilight steering towards 2000 short time.
An interesting approach, the former owner of this board did the same and I followed his advice about two or three years ago and got into Hotmale for 200 (?) Baht instead of 250 (?); current price 350 (?).

The question is: do the Thai think you are a cheapskate or do they think I am a fool (because I pay these prices) and how does that affect the performance of a boy I might off?

I talked with a friend about boys in Screw Boys, and he offed the same boy I had weeks before, he paid 1000 for short time, I paid 2200 for long time.

When I see a price displayed, I take is it is (like in 7/11, I wouldn't get the idea to haggle), but it seems in gogo bars there is room for negotiation.

Don't take the 2000 for short time too serious, when I wrote that I was influenced by reading reports by a generous tipper on gaythailand forum.

(Post about any subject, and sooner or later we get to drink prices and tips for boys.)